More good finds-Keep it alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More good finds-Keep it alive

I was going home, and on the side of the road my friend pointed out that there was a cordless drill motor, and circular saw 5 1/2"

So i kindly askeds the women if she would hold it for me.

I ended up buying it for 5 bucks and was offered 15 for it but i need it more than an amish wood worker with plenty of tools of his own.

Well, i would like to keep this topic alive. Send in your great finds.

P.S. I finished my scroll saw yesterday and i think i am going to find a better motor than a singer one, it binds to much.

------------------
    "A person who works with his hands is a laborer.

A person who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.

A person who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist"

—Louis Nizer

Does anyone actually read siglines?

My last semester in college. I happened to be in the Mfg Education building (a real joke, beleive me), the grad students were clearing out out some old machinery and parts. There was a 6" Buck Adjust-tru 3 jaw chuck that had never been used. Since there was no way to mount it on the cnc lathe they threw it out. I fished it out of the dumpster took it home and made a backplate for my 10L SB. I needed a new chuck so it was perfect. It was like finding $700-$800 in the trash. Alas, it only had one set of jaws. But I'll manage for sure!

Comment

My most recent good find is a 1958 Wheel Horse garden tractor. Needs motor,front tires and paint. When I get started restoring it two weeks of sparetime work should do it. Paid $50.00 for it and expect to spend another $200.00 to fix it up. ( Got a new 3 1/2 HP motor for $150.00 ) Say, thats two good deals!!!!

[This message has been edited by G.A. Ewen (edited 07-19-2003).]
      To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...
      X