No announcement yet.

HSM ad expirations - Anybody in charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSM ad expirations - Anybody in charge?

I Started a HSM subscription. Got the September/October issue. Back cover ad expired a week before I even got the magazine.

Our mailing date for the Sept/Oct issue is August 9. As the ninth fell on a Saturday, the magazines likely went out early that next week. That should have delivered the magazines to readers in the US with close to 1-1/2 months left on the sale. I have not heard of any major delays in that issue, and any delay of this amount would have swamped me with calls.

You mention that the subscription is a recent one. If this was your first issue, it would have been mailed after the subscription was processed, which could very well have been after the end of September.

If you have any questions, your quickest route to an answer would be to call or email the circulation department or myself. The contact information is found in the masthead, next to the table of contents in every magazine.

George
    George

Comment

My view is that the magazine says September/October. If there are ads with specials, they should be valid during September and October. If you mail it in August, it should be the August/September issue. I don't understand the whole business of sending magazines months in advance of the cover date. Maybe Newsweek can get a jump on things and send out the November issue now. Then we'll know who won the election.

Comment

I would suggest that your problem is with the advertiser, not the publisher. HSM is not involved in the content of the advertising, they merely print the copy. The advertiser is quite aware of the publishing and distribution schedule, and the copy of the ad in question verifies this.
        Jim H.

Comment

Working...
        X