An old shaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old shaper

I inhertited an old shaper, and it's been sitting safely in my barn for a couple of years. I believe it's labelled Rhodes-Atlas, but I'll take another look. Bottom line is I'd really prefer a mill. Any comments, suggestions? Anyone interested in doing some horse trading?

Paul, You are on the wrong coast for Me. Not that I would want to swap a mill for a shaper, but... I have thought about a shaper more than once, just have not run across one.
    Best of luck with Your endeavor.

Steve

Comment

Correct side of the US, just nothing to trade. That thing is lovely. Why not keep it for a bit of cleanup and find a used mill around your area? You should be in the land of used (not always cheap) machine tools being on the coast and all.

Hang in there, or put it on a truck and bring it down here. I have some homebrew I'll trade!

rock~
      Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Got one that looks like that. Have to post pictures as mine has been cleaned up some! SN# 816.
        mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Paul,

you need to fire that baby up! that is a nice-looking shaper.

andy b.
          The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

rather desirable little shaper .
            http://www.lathes.co.uk/rhodes/

Comment

Working...
            X