Tiny tool storage idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny tool storage idea

Looking at a small pile of PC storage tape cartridge boxes, they appeared too good to simply throw away. When a set of small Keo center drills arrived a while back with no storage box option, I took another look at these tape cases. The blue piece is simply a piece of thin craft foam, punched with a one hole paper punch and then glued to the case back either flat or you can bump out the center for larger tools.

One nice feature is that you can push a tool out with your thumb and then grab the end to remove.

Den

Don't know what size they are but look to be a close cousin of the VHS tape boxes. I have been using them for small tool storage and jewelry tool and parts storage for awhile. But like most things you can't get them everywhere cheap any more. so next computer junk show at the local flea market will have to look for them. Thanks!
    I have been using the heavy duty deli containers, from the local store. But its slow collecting them only getting one every 2 weeks
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

They're a lot smaller than VHS, more like a slightly thicker audio CD case, but shorter in length. You just reminded me of another option, small VHS-C and Hi-8 cases with many similar in material and design to the VHS.

And another ... clear plastic 35mm film cans. A round of any scrap material turned to length and drilled for standing the bits upright might be handy for small boring and drilling tools.
      Last edited by nheng; 10-18-2008, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X