Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jkilroy
    replied
    Ah penstock, so sounds like they are taking water from someone that would rather keep it and sending it to folks that don't deserve it, about right.

Leave a comment:

• andy_b
    replied
    Originally posted by doctor demo
    Andy, I don't know how much the valve weighs. But if you read the first post on the valve you might rethink that cabin idea , 2000 lbs per foot and that doesn't include the ends of course it would be lighter with a few windows
    I did not have a tape handy for ref. when I took the pics but the arm that goes on the valve stem is made up of 3'' plate and the eye on the end of the cyl. rod is 7''.

Steve
    i'm thinking more of a SHTF "cabin", maybe bunker would be a better word.

so when you say the valve is hydraulically operated, does that mean there is a giant tank of hydraulic fluid that operates the thing, or is it operated by the water flowing through the pipeline itself?

andy b.

Leave a comment:

• doctor demo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fasttrack
    Where is it and whats the pipeline for? Did I miss this in another thread?
    My original post was a thread ''1.2 million dollar valve '' today befor I strugled with photo bkt.
    The pipe is a penstock, and is located ''as the crow flies'' between Oroville and Nevada City Ca. just outside Dobbins .

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Fasttrack
    replied
    Where is it and whats the pipeline for? Did I miss this in another thread?

Leave a comment:

• doctor demo
    replied
    Originally posted by andy_b
    DAMN! you could build a nice cabin out of a 30' length of that pipe.

so how much does that whole valve assembly weigh?

andy b.
    Andy, I don't know how much the valve weighs. But if you read the first post on the valve you might rethink that cabin idea , 2000 lbs per foot and that doesn't include the ends of course it would be lighter with a few windows
    I did not have a tape handy for ref. when I took the pics but the arm that goes on the valve stem is made up of 3'' plate and the eye on the end of the cyl. rod is 7''.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• andy_b
    replied
    DAMN! you could build a nice cabin out of a 30' length of that pipe.

so how much does that whole valve assembly weigh?

andy b.

Leave a comment:

• doctor demo
    replied
    Well i have posted pics in the past without problems, but I must have done a stutter click or something .
    Good thing there was not anything too embarrasing there .

Steve

Leave a comment:

• lazlo
    replied
    Steve, when you browse your Photobucket album, there are four entries posted on the right of each image:

Share URL - Email & IM
    Direct Link - Layout Pages
    HTML Code - Websites & Blogs
    IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards

Single click in the actual [IMG]http:... code under the "IMG Code" entry, and Photobucket will automatically copy the entire image link into your cut buffer. You'll see a little dark yellow pop-up that says "Copied."

Then you cast paste that line into your HSM post with Ctrl-V, like so:

Leave a comment:

• doctor demo
    started a topic Valve pics

Valve pics

http://s522.photobucket.com/albums/w...kstuff0017.jpg

Hopefuly these pics will work, I'm having trouble with photo bkt.
    Steve
    Well what I thought was 4 pics turned out to be a link to all of them, don't ask me how I don't have a clue.
    Last edited by doctor demo; 10-19-2008, 10:24 PM.
Working...
X