OT Wife's Old Machinery Watercolor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Wife's Old Machinery Watercolor

Mary finished this watercolor recently. A McCormick Deering thrashing machine. Electronic copy doesn't do it justice but here it is anyway. Thought you gearheads might enjoy it.

Nice! She appears to be quiet talented.
    John B

Comment

Beautiful

Beautiful. Truly.

Detail is fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by GKman
        Electronic copy doesn't do it justice but here it is anyway.
        Doesn't do it justice - Balderdash!

Using the word Fabulous to describe it doesn't do it justice. I think I must have looked (or maybe starred) at it for maybe 10 minutes just taking in the shapes and details.

Thanks for sharing.

cheers, Graham

Comment

Beautiful work, she should have little problem managing good income from such efforts.
          James Kilroy

Comment

Very nice indeed...great detail, very realistic. Did she use a live model?

Just be sure to always get the spelling right. Threshing, with an "e" is what happens in the wheat field. Thrashing, with an "a" is what happens in the principal's office at school. Trust me, I know these things.

Comment

That is a very nice treatment of light, texture, form, and mood. Congratulations to you both for having and sharing such talent!

Comment

Fantastic of course I'm a big fan of McD and International.....the galvanic look came out excellent, now maybe we can suggest some crawlers.....LOL

My wife used to do quite a bit of artwork and was very talented but once the kids and job came along it appears to have sucked those creative juices dry.....poor gal.
                Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen tromp l'oil is watercolor. WOW! That's impressive.

Comment

Hey I did watrercolours for years and never did anything this good here's a few of mine.Alistair

Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

All Great!!!!

Comment

Fantastic work!Talented lady you have there.

Hint:Some here would buy a watercolor of say a Bridgeport or a Southbend and HSM does sell add space reasonable and it is possible to do limited edition prints hint,hint,hint maybe a picture of an old lineshaft driven machineshop?
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

to echo what others have said, that looks GREAT! i've seen that type of equipment in real life and i have to say it appears to have been a perfect subject for your wife to paint.

andy b.
                          The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

The only thing missing from that painting is that it isn't on my wall!

Steve

Comment

Very nice, I'd hang that on my wall with pride.

Does she play with machine tools too?

Clutch

Comment

Working...
                              X