Hossfeld bender plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hossfeld bender plans

Found these lastnite, They have these plans to down load if anyone is interested...

Hossfeld Bender Plans <Hossfeld.zip>
    JD2 Type Bender Plans <JD2-Bender.zip>
    CBH Econo Bender Plans <CBH-Bender.zip>

Scroll down to the down load section.

http://www.chopperhandbook.com/neatstuff/index.html

Hi

And just where the heck is Andalusia AL? Have you joined the metalmeet forum yet?

I downloaded a copy. With the current trend of $2500 engines, the transmissions (six speeds) are sometimes on dealer price sale of $450.. well.. if you built the rest.. You could afford to ride a custom bike..

Now titling the homebuilt bike? Georgia has tightened it's belt again. I talked to the Ga tax commissioner again about that Monday when I voted.. What a mess in Ga.. He was nice about it, but basically told me the custom-Honda civic car I have been building is worthless in Ga.. Not a kit, not certified changes by a structural engineer, nor have I submitted the plans to the inspection bureau.

It could always be a trike ya know?? The slow engine, not going to be a racecar. unless a points racer.. *man is that boring..

Anyways, back on the cheap subject.. I got a DNA springer here against the wall, it cost me $500.. wheels are sometimes are cheap as $80 each.. them pesky brakes are pretty pricy.. but I have cut down calipers and pucks they sell for sprint cars to fit bike discs.. and you can always adapt jap calipers.. them hayabusa brakes are 4piston-puck and will stop a "fat and overweight hawg" like NOW..

People, companies are selling parts so cheap I wonder what the future holds.. Perhaps they know something I don't.. but a custom harley is still going to be fun and cheap with the right carburetor on it to ride.. the wrong one gets 25mpg.. and wears out the top end..

NOTE: EDITED>>> this car was built over in Alabama by Kerry Pinkerton.. still in construction.. but from the ground up and amazing to a old electrician-welder-fabricator...
    Last edited by Dawai; 10-29-2008, 12:06 PM.
    Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Bah. Who needs plans?

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

[QUOTE=David E Cofer]Hi

And just where the heck is Andalusia AL? Have you joined the metalmeet forum yet?

Andalusia is about 2 hrs south of Montgomery, But I'm about half way between there and Brewton AL.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
          Bah. Who needs plans?

I was just passing on something I figured someone mite want, Some times people don't have the time to figure it out by trial and error....

Comment

David

Maybe you need to bring your car to AL. Unless it has changed all you need is a inspection by D.O.T.

OK going to go crawl back in my whole now...
            Last edited by 7018; 10-29-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

EVAN:
              there was a joke once about superman standing on a streetcorner while bankrobbers stood there shooting him with machineguns..

Superman hollered, didn't even scratch me.. but the whole squad of policemen standing around were all killed with the richochets..

Then the one about him flying over and seeing wonder woman squirming naked.. he flew down there to surprise her and really surprised the invisible man.

Bahhh.. who needs plans? well I made me a copy. I wanted to use factory dies. Using THEIR bolt centers assured I could.

Down thea whar ya are 7018: it gets rough.. If this election don't go the way people say, keep your head down. We have a running discussion on another forum about saftey and the election..
              http://bbssystem.com/viewtopic.php?t=1632

LA, (Lower alabama?) ha.. I know some fine ladies spread out all over the back country there..
              Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Originally posted by David E Cofer
                Hi

I downloaded a copy. With the current trend of $2500 engines, the transmissions (six speeds) are sometimes on dealer price sale of $450.. well.. if you built the rest.. You could afford to ride a custom bike..
                Here's a head start: (link deleted to protect the innocent)
                Last edited by dp; 10-29-2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I would have taken a copy of those plans if I could have found them when I was designing the bender. As it is I am pretty sure the holes are on the same spacing as the commercial units because I scaled them off some pretty good pictures and then guessed that they would use nice round numbers like 1.5" etc. I wasn't putting down the poster for offering them, it was more of a jest. That is usually what the <big grin> smiley means.
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Evan - do you happen to have a picture of that bender bending something? I recall when you built it that it looked like a pretty heavy duty bender. It made me think a leveraging ratchet would be a good thing in version 2

Comment

NOTE: EDITED>>> this car was built over in Alabama by Kerry Pinkerton.. still in construction.. but from the ground up and amazing to a old electrician-welder-fabricator...
                      So that's what becomes of all those balls of aluminum foil people save? That's some nice work!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for posting the plans 7018. I wish I'd seen them before I bought my PA bench mount bender
                        Design to 0.0001", measure to 1/32", cut with an axe, grind to fit

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOpVFVROcIY

My ride in that Kerry Roadster.. ohh weee...

He built a large portion of it there at the meet in Summerville-trion GA.. It is still getting built..
                          http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6971 HIS post there.. you may have to sign in to see the photos. From pencil sketches to shaping the aluminum body to the frame development and a assortment of engines/trans.. THIS man has worried through it all. I am proud to call him a friend.

for those of you who love metalshaping.. those group of guys get together and teach each other the fine points and us beginners the starting points.

I could only dream about making things like that, now I near have the ability to shape metal to anything I want it to look like.

I love making my own tools and tooling.. that has gotten a sore spot with a few there.. they want to keep it just metalworking and not tool building.. Plus.. I get off topic.. old age rambling??
                          Last edited by Dawai; 10-29-2008, 04:06 PM.
                          Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

thanks for the link - wow a tool i don't have, dang, have to add it to the list
                            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOpVFVROcIY

My ride in that Kerry Roadster.. ohh weee...

He built a large portion of it there at the meet in Summerville-trion GA.. It is still getting built..
                              http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6971 HIS post there.. you may have to sign in to see the photos. From pencil sketches to shaping the aluminum body to the frame development and a assortment of engines/trans.. THIS man has worried through it all. I am proud to call him a friend.

for those of you who love metalshaping.. those group of guys get together and teach each other the fine points and us beginners the starting points.

I could only dream about making things like that, now I near have the ability to shape metal to anything I want it to look like.

I love making my own tools and tooling.. that has gotten a sore spot with a few there.. they want to keep it just metalworking and not tool building.. Plus.. I get off topic.. old age rambling??
                              David, I figure you'd find some way to rig up a CNC English Wheel to make a car body like that or some such. Shades of that mean ole CNC press you got back there somewhere in the shop!

PS Evan, that's a nice one. I still remember that young fella that made a hydraulic CNC bender as a college project. Boy was that thing ever cool!
                              ---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnccookbook.com/index.htm
                              Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
                              http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Comment

Working...
                              X