OT: E-mail problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: E-mail problem

I'm away visiting my sister in Florida. She has a high speed internet connection that I'm connected to.

I can receive mail but cannot send it out. I get this message when it times out.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Can anyone be of help?

Thanks in advance.
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Hal C.

I host a number of bellsouth folks who have "roaming" problems. It appears that host (it's actually a pair of hosts) accept connections only if you are attached via the bellsouth network. You need to contact them and ask for their traveling user mail server.

Comment

After a lengthy session with a technical adviser on AT&T's web site, I was told the only way I can get out going e-mail is to use their web mail page. Basically I was told I can't use Outlook Express while I'm on the road away from my Bellsouth hookup.

Such is life.
      No matter where you go, there you are!

Hal C.

Comment

Originally posted by halac
        After a lengthy session with a technical adviser on AT&T's web site, I was told the only way I can get out going e-mail is to use their web mail page. Basically I was told I can't use Outlook Express while I'm on the road away from my Bellsouth hookup.

Such is life.
        That's why I have so many Bellsouth customers.

Comment

Originally posted by halac

Such is life.
          Hal,

You should set up an Gmail account, and then just use outlook to connect to Gmail. I have yet to find a service provider with a decent email service.
          -Dan S.
          dans-hobbies.com

Comment

Originally posted by dan s
            I have yet to find a service provider with a decent email service.
            Ouch! Email service is my specialty!

Comment

Try www.mail2web.com

Comment

I'd use hotmail.com instead of gmail. I get tons of spam from gmail users. My daughter uses gmail when she is visiting here and now I get several emails aday of spam from users of gmail service.
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Working...
                X