Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would this site be "dangerous" all of a sudden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would this site be "dangerous" all of a sudden?

I keep getting a spyware alert for anything I open here...just started that when I came in from the shop.
    Anyone else?
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

I think its one of the banner ads. When this sort of thing happens I activate Adblock.

It's very rare on my end because I got Spybot configured to block most attempts silently, it only prompts me when something gets really noxious.
    This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
    Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
    Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

what application told you it was spy ware? I ask, because a new breed of malware came out recently that makes its self look anti virus software.
      -Dan S.
      dans-hobbies.com

Comment

It's a bit hard to diagnose based on the ads. What you see depends on where you are. Here in Canada we get ads for Canadian companies and products which I am sure are not being delivered in the USA.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Dan..it's my usual Trend PC-cillin antivirus.
          I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

my trendmicro internet secuity pro doesn't like the banner either. I get the following where the banner is:

Trend Micro Internet Security Pro has identified this Web page as undesirable
            Ernie (VE7ERN)

May the wind be always at your back

Comment

The ad that I get here in Buffalo when I'm on this site, Buffy's Adult toys and phine reading literature" does not triggor my Spybot or the AVS. I wonder if I should be worried? Wanda's Wanna Play With Me ad on this site does a responce from Spybot.
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Something to think about....is it possible that the anti-virus software industry funds the creators of viruses, spyware, and malware?

It's the ideal business model, create a need and then fill it. Not only that but with a few well placed viruses the news media will do all your advertising for you.

CHA CHING!!!
                Splinters

Comment

Originally posted by splinters
                  Something to think about....is it possible that the anti-virus software industry funds the creators of viruses, spyware, and malware?

It's the ideal business model, create a need and then fill it. Not only that but with a few well placed viruses the news media will do all your advertising for you.

CHA CHING!!!
                  Splinters
                  I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I've often wondered about that myself. Good way to keep youself in business.

bollie7

Comment

No, it's largely the work of the Russian Mafia. Not kidding either.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pb...NEWS/811260325
                    Last edited by Evan; 12-22-2008, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I am using firefox http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ with the "noscript" addon https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

so I was not even aware this site used banner adds .
                      --
                      Tom C
                      ... nice weather eh?

Comment

What banners???? I haven't seen any thing like an ad. or banner ever
                        on this site. OH! I just looked at the top and see something about
                        "pulleys and belts" . Never even looked there before. Just start at the
                        threads.
                        ...lew... ( Netscape 7.4 works just fine for me ) :-)

Comment

Russian Mafia? I believe it. But I thought it was terrorists.

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I am now officially running for King of the World. I understand the position is presently vacant so it should be an easy campaign.

My official polatform has only one plank. All internet traffic must have complete ID information of the author. Real name, real street address, and real telephone numbers (office and HOME). If any internet node passes any packet of information that does not contain this information or if any item of this info is not correct, then that node is to be completely ignored by the rest of the internet until the information is provided to all users who want it. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I am running. Who will vote for me?
                          Paul A.
                          SE Texas

Make it fit.
                          You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore
                            Russian Mafia? I believe it. But I thought it was terrorists.

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I am now officially running for King of the World. I understand the position is presently vacant so it should be an easy campaign.

My official polatform has only one plank. All internet traffic must have complete ID information of the author. Real name, real street address, and real telephone numbers (office and HOME). If any internet node passes any packet of information that does not contain this information or if any item of this info is not correct, then that node is to be completely ignored by the rest of the internet until the information is provided to all users who want it. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I am running. Who will vote for me?
                            Horrible idea, mickey mouse would get my vote before you.

Nothing against you personally

Comment

Worm Variants Part of Russian Mafia Extortion Scheme

Heavy demand for multilingual hackers in global spam market

Russian mafia offers IT graduates easy cash

Mafia muscles in on spam and viruses

Well, you know the mafia won't follow the rules. Still think it is a good idea?
                              Last edited by Evan; 12-23-2008, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X