Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don McDonald
    replied
    I actually subscribe to Strictly IC and they offer packages of back issues. I am trying to work my way back as my finances allow. Unfortunately a lot of the info that I would like is buried in the earlier issues.

Also would like to throw out ideas that develop from some of the articles. They tend to be fairly brief ( the magazine is a small issue ) so authors often assume you know the basics of their topic.

It would be great if Strictly IC considered doing a CD of back issues as is being discussed for Home Shop Machinist.

Leave a comment:

• SGW
    replied
    If you haven't yet, look at "Strictly I.C." magazine. It has had a LOT of really good information over the years about building small i.c. engines.

Leave a comment:

• Don McDonald
    replied
    I have heard of plating the cylinder rather than lining it. A local company does snowmobile engines by pulling out the liner and coating the aluminum by brush plating with Nikasil. Can small engine cylinders be plated for use with rings?

Leave a comment:

• huntfamgjc
    replied
    NO alu. cranks !!!!!!!!!!!! cyl. should have a liner, cast iron and 12L14 both work good, you should be able to cast the head(s) , block , cylinders and other small parts such as the intake .

Leave a comment:

• Don McDonald
    started a topic MICE

MICE

New to this group. Nice board! My passion is miniature internal combustion engines (MICE). I want to build multi cylinder engines for my model RC airplanes. Have a little aluminum foundary in the works, and would like to know how much of a typical 2/4 stroke I can cast? Can the crankshaft be made of aluminum? What about the cylinder, does it have to be plated, or have a liner?
Working...
X