Can a mod post the rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a mod post the rules?

I have noticed that the complete forum rules are not listed in a forum. Can Buliss or another post and stickey them some we can know what is an is not OT< what rules for arguments are?

I pray to god for less than 10 replies here.

Rule 1: No advertising

Rule 2: See rule 1
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.

Comment

And never, ever mention converting a radial arm saw to do surface grinding.

Comment

Originally posted by dp
          And never, ever mention converting a radial arm saw to do surface grinding.

Really? ......You can do that? LOL
          \"I see\" said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Comment

Don't mention knurling....................

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

or Harbor Freight vs Enco lathes
              opps wrong forum

Comment

Da &quot;Roolz&quot;

Rule 1: Use common sense and precedence (what has been OK (or not banned) in the past.

Rule 2: If in doubt ask George.

Rule 3: What George decides or does is not open to or subject to question (He has, as have all VP Moderators, done very well indeed so far) and he DOES NOT have to "explain" or concede to or defer to ANYBODY - end of story.

Rule 4: If in doubt, just keep pushing the limit/envelope until the "axe" falls and you "get it in the neck".

If I recall correctly, George Bulliss (Happy New Year George) said previously, at or just after the "IOWOLF"-ie affair that he was in the process of looking into updating "The Rules", but that it would take some time as he was busy and this is not an easy task.

I suggest that we leave it to George B to be completed or proceeded in due time without undue haste in "the fullness of time".

In the meantime I suggest we we keep "self regulating" and that we are within George's very generous limits if a post or thread is not deleted or if a thread is not "locked".

In the meantime I suggest a (re??)reading of the "Rules" at the opening page for the forum, which seem to have served their purpose pretty well for quite a while and which for the "General" and other fora are:

General (*** Viewing)
                This forum reserved for your comments and discussion about anything pertaining to our magazines or machining and metalworking in general. It's a place for feedback, idea exchange, criticism, kudos, sharing your expertise, your hobby or virtually anything else that other home shop machinists would be interested in. I will be monitoring it on a regular basis and will participate as it seems appropriate. However, for the most part, it's your forum. I hope you will use it regularly.
                Home Shop Welding (* Viewing)
                No rules posted - but use common sense.
                Networking (* Viewing)
                Need to brainstorm? Feeling isolated? Here's another forum for you to connect with other hobby machinists who share your specific interest. Fill in the information slots and add a brief statement about your interest and whom you would like to hear from. You can remove your listing at any time.
                Third Hand (4 Viewing)
                This forum is for seeking and finding help in a variety of ways. You may be seeking advice on a way of solving a problem you have in your shop. Or possibly you just bought a used lathe or some other machine tool, but the seller didn't have an owner's manual, parts list or operating instructions, so you are in need of one. Perhaps you want to contact a manufacturer, but don't have any information about their address or phone. In other words, any help you need can be solicited here. One thing we insist upon, however; this is not a place to sell something. Also, out of courtesy to the helper, the offer of payment for photocopies and postage is certainly in order.

Comment

If there was a no kissing George's arse rule, Tiffie would get multiple violations for that post

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                    Don't mention knurling...............
                    Or ask about collets versus endmills. Or ER collets versus 5C
                    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

That's life

Originally posted by mochinist
                      If there was a no kissing George's arse rule, Tiffie would get multiple violations for that post
                      Probably right in-as-much as my attitude - so I've been told often enough - is that "You can kiss my ar$e" - which applies here too.

Irrespective of how or what you think of me or the "Rules" and how they are administered - or not- just show me where I am wrong in fact - and not as you think "it should be".

If you want to address an issue as regards the "Rules", it will ultimately wind up in George's hands/lap for him to decide.

If you feel that we should all know what you think - post it here. If you want to "go private" - so we can't see it - use PM or email. But in any case address it to George for decision. Addressing it to the rest of us can only be "for comment only" as we can only "talk about it".

That you - or anyone else - may or may not like me or what I say or the "Rules" and how George/VP administers them won't change anything until - and if - George sees fit to decide and publishes it.

In the meantime the "status quo" remains.

You don't have to love or like it, but you do have to put up with it.

Live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie
                        Probably right in-as-much as my attitude - so I've been told often enough - is that "You can kiss my ar$e" - which applies here too.

Irrespective of how or what you think of me or the "Rules" and how they are administered - or not- just show me where I am wrong in fact - and not as you think "it should be".

If you want to address an issue as regards the "Rules", it will ultimately wind up in George's hands/lap for him to decide.

If you feel that we should all know what you think - post it here. If you want to "go private" - so we can't see it - use PM or email. But in any case address it to George for decision. Addressing it to the rest of us can only be "for comment only" as we can only "talk about it".

That you - or anyone else - may or may not like me or what I say or the "Rules" and how George/VP administers them won't change anything until - and if - George sees fit to decide and publishes it.

In the meantime the "status quo" remains.

You don't have to love or like it, but you do have to put up with it.

Live with it.
                        post more of the obvious, throw in a few wikipedia links for the hell of it also.

Comment

What about the most important one.
                          All equipment must be painted the right shade of GREEN.
                          Nothing else is acceptable.
                          Happy New Years to all
                          Dave

Comment

Want to see an example of real forum rules?

Look here:

http://www.uspoliticsonline.com/foru...ead.php?t=1826
                            Last edited by Evan; 12-31-2008, 06:59 PM.
                            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

On a less contentious point, I think a sticky FAQ might be beneficial, with stuff like:

"Where do you get AO wheels for the Harbor Freight carbide grinder?"

"How do I get the Enco Free Shipping code?"

"What's a good starter set of mill tooling?"

"Can anyone recommend a starter lathe?"

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
                              X