Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a mod post the rules?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I have yet to see anything here that resembles a real flame war. A few abusive ad hominem statements don't constitute a flame war even if they should not be permitted.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

    Comment


    • #32
      By the way, can anybody tell me what the IOWolf affair actually was

      Comment


      • #33
        He became miffed because he posted a political thread and George locked it. He took his ball and went home.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Teenage_Machinist
          By the way, can anybody tell me what the IOWolf affair actually was
          He's entertaining the troops over at PracticalMachinist now - seems to have kept the core tools that make him stand out.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Evan
            I have yet to see anything here that resembles a real flame war. A few abusive ad hominem statements don't constitute a flame war even if they should not be permitted.
            I think some of the ToolMan stuff came close.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Evan
              I have yet to see anything here that resembles a real flame war. A few abusive ad hominem statements don't constitute a flame war even if they should not be permitted.
              Okay,Police action

              There have been a few times where comments have become incendiary
              which of course serves no purpose to anyone.

              It's only that the majority members here are intelligent enough to ignore that sort of thing that it doesn't become worse.
              I just need one more tool,just one!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by dp
                And never, ever mention converting a radial arm saw to do surface grinding.
                That is the next life for the floor buffer. Everybody knows it would be better to convert the RAS to a 5-axis CNC mill -- of course, you'll need to finish converting the drum-sander to a lathe first.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by 2ManyHobbies
                  That is the next life for the floor buffer. Everybody knows it would be better to convert the RAS to a 5-axis CNC mill -- of course, you'll need to finish converting the drum-sander to a lathe first.
                  Has to wait until I finish converting my treadmill to a thickness sander.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by dp
                    Has to wait until I finish converting my treadmill to a thickness sander.
                    Been watching Red Green re-runs again have we?
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Way to go guys...you all forgot rule #6...
                      "Every three months someone must start a thread about round column mills"
                      Only thing I can't figure...is how come I have to do it all the time?
                      I have tools I don't even know I own...

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by wierdscience
                        Been watching Red Green re-runs again have we?
                        You haven't seen my planishing hammer converted from my old tap dance shoes and an air chisel, eh.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I put the link to the Russian predicting USA split on PM and this site knowing it would be locked. I found it amusing and remotely posible but interesting none the less. It was locked and then removed from PM. It is still here but locked and that is fine with me.

                          Common sense is the best guide to use when posting anywhere and after your on a site for a while you will know how far you can go.
                          It's only ink and paper

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Teenage_Machinist
                            What prompted this was the recent insta-locking of the US splits as predicted by Russia guy. I AM NOT PROTESTING THAT LOCKING!
                            I actually thought it was pretty funny -- George posted a reply to that thread, moments after it was posted, and then locked it

                            Seriously though, this isn't the place for geo-political discussion, and I'm as much to blame for that as anyone.
                            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Evan
                              He became miffed because he posted a political thread and George locked it. He took his ball and went home.
                              Not to relieve that whole debacle, but several frequent posters replied with inappropriate responses to Torker's thread about his young female assistant, and George started locking the threads. One of Wolfie's threads got caught it in the net, and it stirred up all kinds of bad blood, and he left.
                              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by lazlo
                                Not to relieve that whole debacle, but several frequent posters replied with inappropriate responses to Torker's thread about his young female assistant, and George started locking the threads. One of Wolfie's threads got caught it in the net, and it stirred up all kinds of bad blood, and he left.
                                That and he was a serial offender. He's not here to defend himself though so further discussion probably inappropriate.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X