OT/ My newest time waster...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT/ My newest time waster...

Geez...I can hardly get any time in the shop lately...all I do is shovel or plow snow.
    Only have a couple more "shuvlins" to go and this 65 foot long heap will be right up to the roof....

There is actually a Jeep and a T-Bird under there some place....
    I had to dig my sled out...again...

Man...it never stops...plowing twice a day...shoveling this roof (70X22 on one side alone)...then shoveling the motel roof...10,000 sq ft....shovel the shop roof...
    Weird year...still not seeing the global warming.
    It's been damn cold but still snowing. The snow is fine like sand and very heavy.
    Russ...not retired...just tired...LOL!
    Last edited by torker; 01-02-2009, 10:52 PM.
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Thats insane Russ, I've grown up in the desert and never even seen snow like that, hell I saw a girl walking in short shorts today when I was at the store.

Comment

heck, I grew up in Canada and have never seen snow like that

Comment

I, YI YI what a mess.

Winter sucks
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ISoy...eature=related

Comment

My daughter is 5 1/2 and she's never seen snow. It's going to be high of 79° tomorrow in Austin -- I'll be thinking about you Russ
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Torker,
            Just tell lazlo that you have never seen 112 F for a high and you will be thinking about him come summer

Comment

Same here. I plowed 50 miles today (25 miles each way) and the same 50 yesterday. The county road in my neighborhood is not maintained by the county in the winter, so we locals have to do our own road maintenance. And we do a better job than the county anyway.

Plus, I totaled my rear bumper while trying to pull a full size Bronco out of the borrow pit this morning.

I did have to machine a couple of pins for my snow plow, and fabricate the lower mount, so this is kinda on topic. )

Let's see if I can scare up a pic or two.

Neighbor's 5th wheel blew over last night.

What's left of neighbor's outhouse. Other half was last seen flying over the hill. My home/shop in the background.

Comment

My gawd mtngun, do you even have roads, do you get electric ?

Comment

I can not imagine why any one in their right mine would want to live where it snows. Got my Valkyrie out th day and went for a ride about 79؛ I would freeze solid up their. What would happen if you bid not shovel it I want even rack leaves.
                  Last edited by lane; 01-02-2009, 11:02 PM.
                  Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
                  http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
                  http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Yeah, looks like my place!
                    I couldn't sleep last night, did the math and I had a fully loaded B-train semi (140,000 lbs.) parked on top of the house.

It's -20c out right now and clear but by Sunday it's gonna be the start of five days of heavy wet snow or rain so that's how I spent my day too.

Yeah, what a waste of time, between shovelin snow and puttin wood in the shop heater that's all I got time for.

I'll never complain about mowin the lawn again.
                    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Ken...LOL! This place is awful in the winter but the nicest place I've owned in the summer.
                      I don't get the real heat the rest of the country gets...the sun doesn't shine here long enough.
                      I would wilt in heat like Robert lives with...holy smoke!
                      Lane...if I don't shovel it...the snow melts underneath and backs up under the shingles...flooding the insulation.
                      and...if you have a lot of this heavy snow on the roof...it's like Willy says...a huge amount of weight in the roof.
                      If it ever rains...you are in big trouble then as the weight becomes enormous.

Willy...your getting tired of it too huh?
                      So..we're getting more snow huh?
                      Oh great! I'm running out of places to put it. My plow truck isn't great for piling snow.
                      And it's way too cold to try to run my old backhoe. I need to take the whole front off it and redo the cradle bushings. That aint getting done til spring.
                      Going to be a nice day to go to a funeral tomorrow...it's not going to snow for a change...or so they said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_Shea
                        My gawd mtngun, do you even have roads, do you get electric ?
                        Electric, yes, but kinda like a 3rd world country. Power flickers are a regular event in the winter. Come to think of it, they are a regular event in the summer, too. Plays hell with open loop CNC.

Roads ...... we call them roads, but it is open to debate. One lane logging roads, complete with logging trucks, no guard rail, if you go off the road, it's several thousand feet down.

Lane, you are absolutely right. No one in their right mind would live here. Stay away, don't even think about moving here, especially Californians.

Comment

Originally posted by MTNGUN
                          Lane, you are absolutely right. No one in their right mind would live here. Stay away, don't even think about moving here, especially Californians.
                          Something in that says MTNGUN likes his solitude

Comment

MTNGUN...sounds like my kind of place...except I bet it's a little more windy than I like.
                            I don't get much wind here in the hills.
                            What state are you in anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_Shea
                              Something in that says MTNGUN likes his solitude
                              I envy those who have less than 5 neighbors
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X