anyone going to the NAMM music show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone going to the NAMM music show?

Anyone going to the NAMM music show in Anaheim this coming weekend?

Not this boy......

Loud technologies tossed us all out 2 years ago, and tossed SLM in the trash........ I don't work in music anymore.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Comment

Our store is actually buying some stuff from the guys that bought out SLM from Loud Tech. --US B and O.

I knew that some of the posters here are in the music business. so I thought I would ask to see if they are going to NAMM. Maybe we could have gotten together for breakfast or something.

Comment

They bought out SOME of SLM......

Just the accessories, Austin, and I think the violin line... IIRC the violin shop is long gone, everyone fired months ago, but maybe the new owners can get some of them back.

Loud stock was at $15 when they bought SLM. I have seen it solidly under $1 now, and once as low as 10 cents per share..... And their major chinese contract manufacturer gave them the boot, slicing 1/3 of the product line out of their catalog until and unless they can get the tooling back and find another vendor..

Guitar Center has, under the leadership of an ex-SLM guy, been systematically cutting out Loud and putting in house brands. That won't help either.....

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

I'm not going to NAMM, but it's nice to see some people considering it. I actually buy pretty regularly from US Band, although their pickins are kinda slim for French Horn related products. Anyway, if you do go to NAMM and you run across a guy named Jim Patterson from Patterson Hornworks, say hi for me.

Stuart de Haro
          Stuart de Haro

Comment

Working...
          X