a mesage from Norm or 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a mesage from Norm or 4

Norm wrote to me today I am afraid he is dwelling on the situation with him not being a soldier in the second world war the letters 4 of them were pretty much rambling and going everywhere to assure me he was indeed a soldier to threatening me with all sorts of nasty things anyway ,If it helps Norm I post this It never was my intention to hurt you .

I still say the figures don't add up I am sure you were a soldier but what does it matter when please come back as we all miss your posts there was as said in your mail you have cut yourself off from the website ehere that is not a good idea I have always liked you as a person and wish you would come back war or no war.
    Ialso say You are a thoroughly decent man and it is not my intention you dwell on these things 24 7 it's not worth the agony .I am sure if you come back people here would be glad as I too would your just over dwelling on things.I am sure you were indeed a soldier as I never doubted it and a good one too please accept my humble apologies if I ahev caused you long term pain that was not my intention put these things behiond you I know you are an elderly gentleman with history to be proud of and you live with your memories it was never my intention to take away your memories I said then as I say now either come back or stop the ranting I am mot in the mood for various reasons for your constant threats of one kind or another either in your emails to me or otherwise do what your going to do if it easies your discomfort.Please move on old friend and come back.genuine kindest regards Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Alistair,
    the man wrote to you privately.Do you really think you should be publishing what he said on the web?

Mark.

Comment

No mark he wrote to me and asked me to apologies here and thats what I did.Alistair

Comment

That's something that sticks in my craw a bit here.
        I notice some of the younger guys saying some pretty nasty stuff to ol' Norm.
        He's old for Christsake...leave him be.
        So what if his bloody "numbers" don't add up. I've known that for some time.
        I never felt the need to rag on him about it in public.

I also know that Norm is very generous with his time and does indeed know a thing or two about cutter/grinders. He sent me piles of info and told me a lot of things to watch out for if I ever built one.
        Let him be old in peace. I'm bettin my mind will be a bit cloudy at that age...if I ever make it that far.
        Russ
        I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

I miss Norm, and wish he would come back. I tried sending him an email, but he's got PM's and emails blocked.

He's a little crazy, but everyone here is a little crazy, some more than others
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by torker

I also know that Norm is very generous with his time and does indeed know a thing or two about cutter/grinders. He sent me piles of info and told me a lot of things to watch out for if I ever built one.
            Let him be old in peace. I'm bettin my mind will be a bit cloudy at that age...if I ever make it that far.
            Russ
            My feeling as well. I must have missed the thread where he got bashed, but I hope he comes back.

Comment

I’ve known Norm from a number of forums over a number of years and could say much in his defence, it’s not necessary, Norm is a unique and interesting character that deserves the appropriate respect for his advancing years. Personally I thought that he handled Rigger with a dignity and restraint that Rigger would do well to note.

I guess Rigger is young and full of piss and vinegar. One day, when he crosses that invisible line somewhere between the ages of 40 and 50, he will realise that that old fart ahead of him is where he will be shortly. I hope he gets better treatment. I’m not sure he has yet earned the right.

Norm, hang on in there and keep those posts coming.

Regards
              Phil

PS: I wonder what Rigger will tell his grandchildren about his truck driving days in Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by philbur

PS: I wonder what Rigger will tell his grandchildren about his truck driving days in Iraq.
                It may sound like he is describing Col. Flagg from the old MASH series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Flagg and I mean that in a nice way.

Comment

Russ
                  Hey I'm sure some of the older guys have said nasty stuff too

Who is norm?

Comment

what Russ said.

Comment

Originally posted by mochinist
                      Hey I'm sure some of the older guys have said nasty stuff too

Who is norm?
                      mo...I meant younger than Norm. (aviemoron)
                      I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

mo...I meant younger than Norm. (aviemoron)
                        ok I recognize that name, thx

Comment

Look I repeat myslf I like norm too and I have asked him to come back but I'm really too tired for threats and mind games I don't wish him anything but good luck and seriously do hope he stops what he's doing and come back this is all abit silly and he needn't have ostracised ghimself from this comunity why should he not come ba maybe I was a bit rough on him but I got problems too and don't want constant emails and crap from Norm .so just come back and forget the past.All I said whicjh is obvious is you were not a soldier during the second world war and you have also now agreed with that.I will however not be subject to any threats or crap over this Alistair

Comment

I just got a nice email from Norm. He's doing well, but still waiting for the biopsy results from the tumor they removed on his back. Sounds similar to what Lane had.

Here's a snippet from his email, I think Norm would be OK with me posting:
                            "I did get a surprise the other day. Guy from Edinburgh in Scotland wrote.
                            He'd bought a Clarkson on my say so and we swapped ideas.

No tearing each others throats- just two nice people swapping stories and ideas.

Out there, this is how people behave to one another.
                            "

I end up in London once in awhile for technical conferences -- I'd love to meet Norm, Peter, John, Alistair et al in person. I wish we could all get together over a pint -- based on the meetings I've been fortunate enough to have with several of the members here, there'd be a whole lot less acrimony if we had some quality face-time

Phil: could you send me your email address by PM? Norm wanted to contact you, but can't find your email addy.
                            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

You hit it on the head Torker, he was kind enough to send me many pages on the grinder business too. I admire his wit, I envy him his command of the English Language and appreciate that he has shared it all with us for some many years. Yesterday was just that, yesterday. Today is a fresh start and we go on don't dwell on what we can no longer change.

Norman, get your a$$ back here and color up the forum for us you old goat
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Working...
                              X