OT: Age. Lets play a quick game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Age. Lets play a quick game...

First impression! How old am I? (no cheating by looking at my profile)

No one ever gets it right, you'll all guess way too young.

Just wondering if this is a local problem or if I really do look "that young." It does have it's advantages, but there is a downside to it, mainly when trying to demonstrate technical proficiency.
    This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
    Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
    Plastic Operators Dot Com

I'd guess about 35. If you can see hair growing out of their ears, guess around 50.

BTW, after submitting my guess, I looked in your profile: nothing there to indicate what your age might be.

Comment

First impression, 27-30.

Comment

Not saying yet, want to get a bigger cross-section of opinions before I say.

Age came up again twice this week: Once at the jobsite and the employment agency made mention of it too. It's becoming a chronic issue that seriously impacts my ability to earn a wage.

I was told I look far too young to safely set up the lathe I was working on pack up your tools and report back to the agency and the agency mentioned this wasn't the first complaint they've had about my age, that they need a proper birth-certificate before they assign me any more jobs.

Puts my on the job experiences in a whole new light that comment does.
        This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
        Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb

Comment

Personally, I think you would look older with a beard. Don't know if that's a viable option in your situation though.

Comment

I'm guessing that by the shirt.
            I had a shirt like that when i was 42.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I have a shirt like that and it's 42.

Comment

Now that's funny, I got that shirt from a rummage-sale to wear around the machines and the gentleman who sold it to me had a UK-ish accent.

Comment

Well John, if you go by what shirt you had when you were 42, I would have to say 17 cause I had a beard like that when I was 17.

Patrick

Comment

Well I'll play-
                    You look younger than me (48)
                    and older than my son(20) or his girl friend(18).

I'll guess you are around 25 or so.

Steve

Comment

Well I'm not posting any damn pictures as I have had to turn mine round on the mantlepiece so they face the wall because they give the dog nightmares..............

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                        Well I'm not posting any damn pictures as I have had to turn mine round on the mantlepiece so they face the wall because they give the dog nightmares..............
                        Yeah you'd distract us from oggling the chick on the other page. Damn 18 year olds weren't that hot when I was young enough to date 18-year-olds.

(I got "wait, you're HOW OLD? Dude, that's like.... old!" before I married, and I get "You're not that old, don't touch the machine child" from my employers. No justice. )

Comment

From the pics I'd guess people think you're early 20s.

Reality is probably different.

If you want to look older do like they do on TV - do an old guy makeover.

Get a mustache or beard. Get rid of the young movie star 2 day growth. Also don't do the goatee thing, it typically on young guys.

Get some sensible glasses of a style that is several years old. Mature guys don't care about style or they have kids and mortgage and can't afford cool glasses.

Don't wear current "cool fashion colors". Stick with tried and true navy blue and beige, or try a plaid shirt. Pocket protectors or a spiral notepad in the pocket are something you don't see on young guys.

The same goes for pants and shoes.

Or do like I did and wait for the years to roll up.

Comment

You don't really have a baby face so I will bet you are fairly short. Get some elevator shoes.
                            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Dont wanna scare Yuh

Id post a picture of myself but that lady would just put my ugly butt face to shame even more. She is a good looking Lady. Lucky Kid. By the way youre 46 i betcha. Hairs droppin out qiuit combing it so much. Just helpful hint Im half bald myself. Too much helmet as a kid i guess

Comment

Working...
                              X