Depths of winter and despair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depths of winter and despair.

Well I don't know just what it is but we certainly seem to be going off the rails with slanging matches and OT posts.

I have been castigated, Alistair and Norman have been called out to put the boxing gloves on and Rigger also got hauled over the coals for some general remarks he made.

We had had the Hijack post thread, the Norman thread, the "Just what this forum doesn't need" post.
    Add to this the odd snipe at teenage machinist and you can see it all gets excited.

Well help is at hand.

I have created an account using a proxy server and an anonymous persona called Sock Puppet who wishes to remain anonymous

Now when you want to vent off you can call Sock Puppet all the names you like and have no fear you are actually upsetting anyone, so the PC and Greenies amongst us can't moan about it.

I'll drop Sock Puppet an email and ask him to participate if he has the time.

Watch this space.....................

PS Sock Puppet can sometimes give as good as he gets so be careful.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

HEY, I know "sock puppet"

He, in the middle of the night, on a date with a fair wench saved me from paying 18 years of child support... He was made of latex.. a funny thing.

Let's hear a HURRAH for sock puppet..
    Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Hi John,
      sock puppet huh? Well I guess you must be enjoying a good beverage right now so I may as well join you!

Cheers!

Steve

Comment

Did you use Microsoft paint to get those tattoo's David or are they air brushed on

-

Sock Puppet

Comment

HEY SOCK-PUPPET! YOUR MOTHER WAS AN AS/400 AND YOUR FATHER WAS A BLOODY COMMODORE VIC-20!
          This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
          Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
          Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

Yes but who wants to be a zero ?
            -

Sock Puppet

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Puppet
              Yes but who wants to be a zero ?
              Damn, he's good.
              This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
              Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb

Comment

I'm gonna wager this really isn't going to help.

Comment

I wondered where this was headed when I let Sock Puppet in. Craig (who has had a few more years of you guys than I have) guessed who it was before the first post, but I am still wondering where it is headed…

George
                  George

Comment

Ah, give it a chance.

Maybe people can give an opinion at all, instead off at a person.

I have read some related topics in the past few days, I can feel that some people are disillusioned, ashamed, threatened. That's a waste.

I think that people take this all a little too serious, misreading the lines and reading between the lines.

In my welcome post somebody was sure I was from the Irish secret police, I laughed about it. I know for sure I'm not, but on the other side I am the only one. That's the way it goes.

So Suck Puppet, yes I am talking to you, take care that all people find their place here again. Life is too short, time too precious, for all these virtual misunderstandings.

Comment

It's an internet forum, I come here to exchange ideas and opinions.

Over the years there are forums I have stopped going to because I didn't like the general attitude... forums by their nature attract for the most part like-thinking/like-minded individuals.

I've also over the years gotten tossed/banned from a couple of forums for various reasons. One forum in particular I keep sneaking back to so I can rattle cages.

In this regard forums like this are a bit like pubs/bars. You'll fit in/have a good time at some but not others.

One great thing about online discussion that I have discovered is I can get opinions across a world-wide perspective. Last few years I've had a tough time in the employment market for some reason, and thanks to forums like this I have been able to dissect those reasons... make changes and move forward.

Disagreements on technical forums like this can get ugly real quick because sometimes people forget they are responding to another person.

This comic illustrates exactly what I mean. People tend to be assholes online because they get thinking they are being assholes to just words, not another person.

XKCD.com

Comment

Sock Puppets

When i was a Kid couldnt afford a sock Puppet so just wrapped it up with a couple feet of Saran Wrap. You could find it in the garbage cans everywhere. Worked really good. Just a low buck tip. Madman

Comment

I'm sorry, this has gone too far on topic, so I'm going to hijack it.

In order to counter the Depths of winter and despair, you need something to put a little smile on your face, so say goodbye to December and hello to January

http://www.btinternet.com/~p.neill/P.../Cal_20081.jpg

http://www.btinternet.com/~p.neill/P.../Cal_20091.jpg

Edit: Had a little nudge on the picture content, so originals are now just at the (changed) links above.
                          Last edited by Peter N; 01-15-2009, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Peter,
                            I am wondering if these pictures have a deep physiological meaning for you ?
                            Is it the chains that excite you, the leather or just the acres of tanned bare skin ?
                            Or could it be deeper in that there are two members of the opposite sex present.
                            I feel we need to get a better understanding.

It could even be you are turned on by a red Ford Fiesta ?
                            -

Sock Puppet

Comment

Sock puppet is junior member an anatomical term of exaggeration Alistair? after all if you cant get a woman get a sock puppet.
                              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
                              X