Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found the Ghallenger locomotive plans - Thanks to you

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that thanks to you, I found the UP Challenger plans I was looking for. SGW put me on the right trail with his suggestion of Modeltec magazine. I called them and they had (2) sets of back issues left. I've already ordered them and will have them this weekend.

Thank you all very much for your kind help and responses.

Larry Steiner

PS. You're right about the engine in the Henry Ford Museum being an Allegeny. Can't believe I made that mistake - a guy from Michigan, too, no less!! Duh!!

TrainNut
    whats the address of ModelTec, I would be interested in a set of plans myself

Walt
    Walt

Comment

Great!
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Walt,

They're in Avon, Minnesota.
        MODELTEC
        P.O. Box 9
        Avon, MN 56310

Website is www.modeltecmag.com, but the link to download their back issues list doesn't work. I had to call them (320-356-7255. It was a series of articles that ran for several months in the magazine on how to build this engine.

These plans are not live steam, it's just a scale model, I think it's maybe O scale, and it doesn't include the tender. He was going to send me some information on where I might find plans for a tender for the engine.

Cost is $63 plus shipping - and now there's only (1) left!

Take care,

Larry

Comment

Thanks Larry

Walt
          Walt

Comment

I just picked up the book on building the 1-1/2" Shay. Going to first try to build an N scale version for my layout. I've only ever seen one in N-scale and it didn't look great. I'm sure I'll be etching brass and my plastic injection molder will probably come in handy.

Comment

Working...
            X