How cold is it where you are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How cold is it where you are?

It's -10؛F here with a -31؛F wind chill. I know our friends from the north are going to say that's nothing, but I think it's freaking cold.
    -Dan S.
    dans-hobbies.com

Cold

And those in the South are thinking it's cold there. It's 23(f) here now in N. Texas. I got the long johns on, the CarHart, gloves, hat etc.

Lenord

Comment

Originally posted by dan s
      It's -10؛F here with a -31؛F wind chill. I know our friends from the north are going to say that's nothing, but I think it's freaking cold.
      It was 35F here this morning, but that isn't a (dry) cold .

Steve

Comment

Here in Benson, Vermont, it's -12.5 f, as of midnight, and going down. I don't know if we'll get a record. Coldest I've recorded here in 21 years is -29. When I lived in northern NY back in the 70's we had two nights below -40 in a row, daytime high of -20 between. Dead calm, dead quiet, step outside and all you'd hear was the trees cracking.

Comment

Cold....you have no idea

I'm in Mongolia, in the capital, Ulaanbaator. At present its going down to -30C at night, and up to -15/-20C during the day. At least its dry and sunny....

you can do the conversions to F, but as we have little wind, there's little windchill factor, thank goodness. Starting my diesel Mitsu Pajero is interesting..

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by dan s
            We are a bunch slacker here in Ohio, it's ony -2F and no wind. Cold enough the stray cat doesn't want out
            Mansfield, Ohio

Comment

72 today I think, might have been a bit higher...
              Russ
              Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

I think it got down to 55 deg F in South West Florida, I was too cold to get out of bed on my day off.

Comment

Originally posted by BadDog
                  Stop hogging the heat, send some of it northeast.
                  -Dan S.
                  dans-hobbies.com

Comment

Cold??

It's 42؛ C here. Just turned another refrigerator on to put more beer in.

Airconditioners going flat out. Have to bring the dog and cat inside so they don't fry.

Rgds
                    Michael

Australia

Comment

We just went thru two weeks of -30 to -35C. It's warmed up to about -15 at night now. Almost like summer...
                      Aw...you poor fellas...
                      Russ
                      I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Coastal Downeast Maine is -10F, zero wind. Weather Man tells us it'll be a balmy 10 above tomorrow then below zero over night. Same on Saturday.

Did I mention have heat in the shop this winter..... yeah, I'm happy about that.
                        Brett Jones...

Comment

No idea, but I've been remodeling the boat and had two heaters going with the hatches all closed and two tarps laid over her, was still too cold to get anything done.

Ken.

Comment

Southcentral Alaska:

Currently, it's raining.

Doc.
                            Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Originally posted by BadDog
                              And 76˚F predicted for tomorrow. But its 50˚F now at midnight. Ah, winter, for these few months I can actually get under the covers.
                              Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Working...
                              X