Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

My name is Gerry
    I have been lurking here for a week or so and this film http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ABelgFdjA has given me a reason to post for the first time
    I thought it was cool with the jigs, machines and test fixture's of the day and I'm a Brit bike bike fan as well. Sorry if it has been posted before.
    This is a nice forum with lots of info.
    Thanks,
    Gerry

Welcome to the forum!
    That is a wonderful old film. I enjoyed it! Thanks for posting the link.

Steve

Comment

Welcome Gerry! Looking forward to more post's from you.

Comment

What a load of nostalgic ----, If you're of an age to have ridden one of these nightmares on a daily basis, you'd know why the British motorcycle industry went mammeries up. Arrogance, unReliability Shortsightedness all spring to mind coupled with a guarrenteed world market at the time. Mr Honda had his "Dream" and screwed the "Brummie Clique".

Me Veler still stuck to the road like sh-- to a blanket though, Japanese still don't seem to have conquered the low CofG thing yet.

Best Regards Gerry,

Ian.
        You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Welcome on board Gerry, I enjoyed that clip too, and I used to ride a Triumph.

Don't mind Ian (Circlip) he's a dour Yorkshireman and they're all like that, and even worse since Geoff Boycott retired as God

Peter

Comment

Geoff who???
            You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by lotus23bsr
              My name is Gerry... I'm a Brit bike bike fan as well. ...Thanks,
              Gerry
              Lotus 23? but thats not a bike but a mid-engine sports/racing car the original driven by Jim Clark powered by a Twin-cam...

Derek ~ who could only afford a replica

Comment

Narry a torque wrench in sight, perhaps thats why they lost it all in favour of the rising sun.
                Still a nostalgic film none the less, worth a watch
                Thanks
                Peter
                I have tools I don't know how to use!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome fellas!
                  Yea Ian, I had to depend on various English twins when I was younger for my only transportation. Always carried extra clutch cables and tool kits for the occasional roadside repairs. I must be gluten for punishment cuz I still wish I had never got rid of my mid 70's Norton's or Triumph's when I got the sport bike bug in the 80's. I did not have a bike after the 80's, marriage, raising a son... then 20 years later I get the bug again (or mid life crisis ) and bought a Ducati sport classic 2 years ago. 2 recalls and 2 cylinder/ head rebuild adventures before 600 miles on the clock later (all under warranty, thank goodness) and I still love her She has been running fine for a while now so I remain optimistic.

And Derek, Colin Chapman and Lotus, as well as Jimmy Clark have been my heroes since I was a kid. I certainly can't afford a real one either. The 23 Sports Racer was a beautiful car.
                  One of the reasons I am getting into the metal tool machinery hobby is to make the odds and ends I might need to build a Lotus 7 replica (Locost 7) based on a Miata drive train. Don't know if I'll ever get it done but I'm gonna try

Thanks again for the welcome all!
                  Gerry

Comment

Thanks for the welcome fellas!
                    Yea Ian, I had to depend on various English twins when I was younger for my only transportation. Always carried extra clutch cables and tool kits for the occasional roadside repairs. I must be gluten for punishment cuz I still wish I had never got rid of my mid 70's Norton's or Triumph's when I got the sport bike bug in the 80's. I did not have a bike after the 80's, marriage, raising a son... then 20 years later I get the bug again (or mid life crisis ) and bought a Ducati sport classic 2 years ago. 2 recalls and 2 cylinder/ head rebuild adventures before 600 miles on the clock later (all under warranty, thank goodness) and I still love her She has been running fine for a while now so I remain optimistic.

And Derek, Colin Chapman and Lotus, as well as Jimmy Clark have been my heroes since I was a kid. I certainly can't afford a real one either. The 23 Sports Racer was a beautiful car.
                    One of the reasons I am getting into the metal tool machinery hobby is to make the odds and ends I might need to build a Lotus 7 replica (Locost 7) based on a Miata drive train. Don't know if I'll ever get it done but I'm gonna try

Thanks again for the welcome all!
                    Gerry
                    When I built/rebuilt my Noble23 (dry sumped ford X-flow, alfasud later a hewland box) i wished I had a lathe for the bits and pieces, but I started it with an electric drill, a vice, hacksaw, files and a very poor selection of spanners... This then improved dramatically with a pillar drill and a Mig welder luckily I found a machinist who could produce the spigot and chassis bushes I needed...

Comment

My name is Gerry
                      I have been lurking here for a week or so and this film http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ABelgFdjA has given me a reason to post for the first time
                      I thought it was cool with the jigs, machines and test fixture's of the day and I'm a Brit bike bike fan as well. Sorry if it has been posted before.
                      This is a nice forum with lots of info.
                      Thanks,
                      Gerry
                      Nice link, thanks. Love to see the footage. Gents working with a pipe and getting it done. Ahhh the good old days.

Oh, and Welcome-Bienvenue-Benvenuto-Willkommen

rock~
                      Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Working...
                      X