This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow's the big day

Congratulations a on a great new president for the USA I think the world really will like this guy I pray he does well god Bless America.Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

These threads usually don't end well, not sure what you don't get about that??

Comment

not a good subject me thinks. . . only a bit more than half the population voted for him, the arabs love him as do germany and france as i;ve read. .

but he will be our new leader, and lets see what bag of tricks he may have up his sleeve to save our economy and our country.

good luck to him and his appointees. . . . .

Comment

A much brighter bulb than was on the previous tree. Good luck to him and U.S.A. Peter
        The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

His Mam lives in a council house in England
          MBB

Comment

What I want to know is how do your presidents know it's my birthday ?

ARE YOU LISTENING ALISTAIR YOU TIGHT GIT .........

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

GERROUT. Where did you hear that?
              The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

Your Ludship John Just Pick out a new lathe or whatever and I say publically Dan my pal alias OIL mAC will pay all costs guaranteed ohoh that's Dan not talking to me now as well anyway the world at large love your new president and I am one of them.Alistair
                Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

I no longer expect much ( well never did actually) from our
                  elected officials, doubt this one will prove much different.
                  Those that work and save and pay our bills on time will
                  still be screwed by/for those who don't.
                  Suspect he'll be spending lots of money we don't have.
                  I figure we've went from "porked" to really, really "porked".
                  Dave P.

And I also doubt this thread will end well....lock it up!!!!!!

Comment

Easy to be better than Bush the Accursed, not likely to be really great.

Comment

We Canadians pick out 49 songs from Canada to put on his ipod
                      See link:
                      http://www.cbc.ca/radio2/obamasplayl...eplaylist.html
                      please visit my webpage:
                      http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

Like him or not, I think he'll be better than Bush II and Clinton for the sole fact that he has to undo the damage that both of them did.

I also think things will start "recovering" shortly (within a month) once it registers that SOMEONE is in charge again and "things are happening." Part of the reason things are going bad (at least my opinion of it) is because people seem to feel that no one is driving at this point, no one has a hand on the wheel so the best we can do is prepare for the absolute worst.

Once he gets in office and things (like 'em or not) start getting signed and the process starts moving again I feel the economic situation will improve a bit and hiring might pick up again.

My impression of Bush will always be that of a man who was great in a crisis (9/11) but did nothing when the economy shut down. He knew how to project a uniting front during a physical crisis but was out of his league when it came to everything else. I'm

Obama... if Congress can stick together and not fall into fighting Obama will be seen as a good president. He talks a good talk, but the real power comes from Congress and if Congress can get it together we'll be ok.

We shall see. He's got four years, if he does good I'll try to see him granted another four years. If not we'll try something else!
                        This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
                        Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
                        Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

Originally posted by Teenage_Machinist
                          Easy to be better than Bush the Accursed, not likely to be really great.
                          I'll let history be the judge as I have seen the rehabilitation of both Truman and Nixon's (well somewhat) terms in office in my lifetime. I'm not saying that GW will be proved to be right but time will tell. But for now somebody tell these people

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/us_wo...In-Africa.html
                          Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Yea it will be interesting to see how much he can accomplish with the media hanging on and pulling him down like they did W.
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Doctor
                              I'll let history be the judge as I have seen the rehabilitation of both Truman and Nixon's (well somewhat) terms in office in my lifetime.
                              Truman, perhaps, but Nixon will remain in infamy in the history books as the only US President that committed Federal Crimes and avoided impeachment by an 11th hour Presidential pardon.

There was an article on the Evening News about the sound-bites, or slogans that are associated with recent ex-Presidents: "Mr. Gorbachev, take down this wall", "A thousand points of light", "I did not have sex with that woman," "I am not a crook."

The problem was, no one could come up with a soundbite or slogan for Bush Jr.
                              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
                              X