Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my new computer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • my new computer

    I am using my new netbook. It is an Acer Aspire One. Weighs a couple of pounds, 9" screen, has a solid state drive, runs linux, built in webcam, run skype with it and works great. Built in wifi as well. I bring it to work, very portable and light. Works great. If you must have that crappy OS from the white devil, well they sell em with that as well. This was a factory refurb, only paid 259$ for it. Well worth it. Perfect for surfing the forums and checking email. You can do a lot with them.

  • #2
    I like the solid state drive idea, that should be bulletproof.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tattoomike68
      I like the solid state drive idea, that should be bulletproof.
      boots up less than 20 seconds, bought it at tiger direct

      Comment


      • #4
        Is it a flash drive? or something is else? How big?

        What size and type is that solid state drive? I didn't realize they have gotten to such a low price point...

        Comment


        • #5
          Bill, ever go over to http://www.hpcfactor.com? Lots of good discussion of small computers.

          What do you fly?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by steve45
            Bill, ever go over to http://www.hpcfactor.com? Lots of good discussion of small computers.

            What do you fly?
            I am flight instructing right now, C172's, PA28's, Pa44's, C152.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lunkenheimer
              What size and type is that solid state drive? I didn't realize they have gotten to such a low price point...
              Only an 8gb, some have 16gb. You can put in a sd card and linux combines it with the HD.

              Comment

              Working...
              X