o/t 250 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o/t 250 years ago

Hello folks would like to remind eveyone, that next Sunday 25th. of January, is the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns, Scotlands National Poet, This will cause on Friday & Saturday of this week a lot of celebrations called Burns Suppers to remember the great man birth in fairly humble circumstances at Alloway in Ayr Scotland, His home cottage is a shrine to his followers, Many from the United States, Australia, New Zealand & beyond, He even has a following in Russia, China, Japan, etc. And as i think on the poet at this time, his rememberance to me, greatly reminds me also of the old guys i used to work amongst, in his home town of Ayr, during the first year and a half of my apprenticeship, solid, kindly craftsmen of a breed now sadly extinct
    I will raise a glass of Scotch whisky to Rabbie on Friday night , and also on Sunday night . If you feel inclined to think on him, maybe you could as well, Even a glass of Coca - Cola will do equally as well

As a second gereration Scotsman on this side of the pond I'll raise a glass or two with you.
    Mac

Comment

Working...
    X