Some MORE low grade shop projects -- part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some MORE low grade shop projects -- part 2

Alans really great post on showing off all these great gizmos/gadgets/etc has gotta be one of the better ones to come around in a while....

It was beginning to run sooo long with so many pics that I thought I'd add a part 2.

Err,Ummm Mr Buliss are you following this?? Hint-hint.....

Heres one of mine .. after AGAIN being unable to find the $#@* wrench to loosen the compound I decided to do sumpthin about it and turned up these 2 solutions, -- no wrench to either loosen the tool holder OR the compound.

Last edited by Bill Pace; 01-23-2009, 10:51 AM.
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Bill: Great idea! Do you have sufficient leverage to secure the compound rest? JIm

Comment

No problem whatever with holding the compound. I did this some months back and have used it extensively with no probs. Obviously an easier solution would be to get a couple of those after market plastic 'push to release' handles, but I wanted to make a run at making that type myself. If the compound is pulled back the tool post wont slide out,-- but I keep it forward anyway to keep swarf off the ways. And I had to fiddle with the TP handle to get it where it would 'park' at a point that would be out of the way -- where its at in the pic.
      If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

Bill,
        Great idea on the compound. BTW did you drill and tap your cross slide or did it come that way.
        Mark Hockett

Comment

Working...
        X