• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puzzle ..what's wrong?

It's a British two pound coin .......can any of you spot whats wrong

ALL THE BEST.MARKJ

It's only worth a pound ?

[edit]
    Just looked at three, all different dates obviously, but all look the same.
    Last edited by John Stevenson; 01-25-2009, 08:57 AM.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

If you try to drive the geartrain from any one gear the last gear in the train will try to turn the driving gear opposite the way it's driving.
      Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
      Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
      Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Cogs are locked, can't turn.

Edit, beat me to it!
        I no longer own tools I had.

Comment

I should have said Americans only ..,then thread may have lasted a long time

yes peter ....odd number of gears ..

explains ....why GB is going to pot.....when they cant even get things like this right .

all the best,,.........mark

Comment

Heat it up and then freeze it and see if the centre pops out. Seeing that you stole the idea from Canada's two dollar coin I thought you should know about this. The question is is each part worth half the original?
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

No the outside bit is worth more because there is more surface area

You can't press the new ones out as they have a lip in the inner bit, Early ones you could and some even fell out hence the design change.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

You might be on to something there Evan. Make the center-part removable and you would be easy to give £1 in change for a £1 item.
                Last edited by Peter.; 01-25-2009, 09:32 AM. Reason: bloody poor grammar
                Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

What's wrong with it is that it's not in MY pocket,please post it to me tomorrow.

Allan

Comment

If those little circles are supposte to be gears, they had better find a
                    different artiste' to do the design. GACK!
                    ...lew...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter.
                      You might be on to something there Evan. Make the center-part removable and you would be easy to give £1 in change for a £1 item.
                      Brilliant,do away with paper money and coins and just use nuts and bolts for currency-I'd be rich
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                        Heat it up and then freeze it and see if the centre pops out. Seeing that you stole the idea from Canada's two dollar coin I thought you should know about this. The question is is each part worth half the original?

Dont be beating on him about that, the Canadians ripped off the idea from the Italiano's...

Comment

Dont be beating on him about that, the Canadians ripped off the idea from the Italiano's...
                          What? The part about it falling apart?
                          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Is that coin where they got the idea for crop circles?
                            Len

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                              What? The part about it falling apart?

No - I was talking about this comment,,,,,"Seeing that you stole the idea from Canada's two dollar coin I thought you should know about this."

I of course wanted to use my own smart ass comment and did, I really dont know where the multi-composite coin was developed but I think there's a good chance it wasnt Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X