endless screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• endless screws

does anyone know of information how to make endless screws for music boxes or a site for music boxes??Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Music Boxes

Hobbies of Dereham, Norfolk still advertise movements.

I'm waiting for the 'funny' but maybe Archimedes has a twist to it.

But the spiral- as we know it- is described in Workshop Techniques by George Thomas in Dividing and Graduating section.

Not a member of Rotary or Round Table?

Oops

Norman

Comment

I used to know a bit about "endless screws" when I was about 18, but now that I'm 62 I know a lot about "short screws" and "seldom screws"!!
      Brian Rupnow

Comment

It's for my old pal fred Norm! Alistair

Comment

A Wind up?

Alastair,
          I do know more about 'musical box connections' but you will have to forgive me as the man in question literally lives a few stops from me- or did.

Some years ago, he lost Gillian who was a friend of mine from years back.
          David spent sad years mending musical boxes and playing them for her charity.

I don't want to go back. Please understand my reasoning.
          I hope that your 'Fred' will manage from my information.

Norman

Comment

Thanks Norm yes very understandable about your situation thanks again anyway I could tell him to try google etc but he has not a direct access to the computer complicated but thats how it is.I will keep trying God Bless and keep well Norm Alistair

Comment

The 3rd one in the same night in Ecuador was just about an endless screw.

Comment

Music Boxes

As you will appreciate, I am unable to do anything which involves much of anything. No 2 eye is perhaps more successful than No1 but it is only 5 days!

Googling reveals that there is a Musical Box Society of Great Britain and there is a further mention of spares. 'Hobbies' actually has a magazine with plans and projects.I have seen it on newspaper stalls.

Perhaps, Fred can benefit from my 'Convalescence'
                I'm bugger all use- as far as I can see( or not)

Norm

Comment

I know but I think it's expensive to join for Fred thanks again Norm Alistair

Comment

Having no experience of music boxes I'm not sure what you need.
                    I do have a cheap mechanism I bought at a show with a view to "reprogramming" with a punk song to please the missus.
                    Which bit are you referring to? The thread with the air damper on top which limits running speed?
                    Regards,
                    Nick

Comment

Endless screwing

For Norm and Alistair - a (sort of) Limerick that I learned best part of 70 years ago that might be relevant:

There was a young man from Kent,
                      who had a dick that was bent,
                      his body perspired, his ar$e back-fired,
                      and instead of coming he went.

There are others including genitalia with left hand threads etc. which is not really for family viewing but given the content of things mechanical is never-the-less HSM-oriented and NOT OT.

Further to the "Shop" aspect, some people I have worked with are well described in terms of genitalia. I have been assured vigorously and frequently over many years by many people that I am and always have been very firmly in that demographic!!

Alistair, as you have some interest in endless screwing, I take it you have considerable on-going experience in it and of it. Norm seems very interested. Perhaps you can assist with his convalescence and be both his seeing-eye dog and mentor (therapist too perhaps) in this matter.

I would appreciate a copy of the applications for reimbursement of "out of pocket" expenses and "professional" fees from the UK National Health.

Comment

Endless night???

Ah Mick, greetings to all you diggers!

I have to confess that I went private after my privates went to feed the hospital cat. Somewhere in the middle, I did get a free removal of something which apparently sticking in my back in between my eyes. Between my eye operations, I should have added! To my surprise, it was a rodent ulcer and not a knife.

So the year of the Dog is over, and the Year of the Ox has started and I have handed the rodent over to yet another hospital cat.

And Yes, I am still pi55ed after a night out with the Chinese Freemasons and their New Year.

and if Kung Hei Fat Choy is rude then it is Boll-Ox for the rest of the Year!

Somebody said 'Sum Dim or Dim Sum' and it maybe.

Bed- perchance to --- nah, I really have a headache

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
                          does anyone know of information how to make endless screws for music boxes or a site for music boxes??Alistair
                          one,
                          http://www.nancyfrattimusicboxes.com/toolssupplies.html

two.
                          http://www.nancyfrattimusicboxes.com/toolssupplies.html

cheers,
                          Last edited by LES A W HARRIS; 01-27-2009, 07:07 PM.
                          Les H.
                          The Impossible Takes Just A Little Bit Longer!

Comment

Sorry, Know very little about music box's. Thought the thread was regarding tax season.

Comment

Endless

Originally posted by hoof
                              Sorry, Know very little about music box's. Thought the thread was regarding tax season.
                              Well, as you mentioned Tax and endless screwing, it just would not be complete without mention of Lawyers.

So here's email message that I got recently that addresses all aspects of the OP and discussions thus far. I am sure that many here will not only see themselves here but hope that no-one else does!

You wish.

Subject: Fw: 10 Husbands, Still a Virgin

A lawyer married a woman who had previously divorced ten husbands.

On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "Please be gentle, I'm still a virgin." "What?" said the puzzled groom. "How can that be if you've been married ten times?"

"Well, Husband #1 was a sales representative: he kept telling me how great it was going to be.

Husband #2 was in software services: he was never really sure how it was supposed to function, but he said he'd look into it and get back to me.

Husband #3 was from field services: he said everything checked out diagnostically but he just couldn't get the system up.

Husband #4 was in telemarketing: even though he knew he had the order, he didn't know when he would be able to deliver.

Husband #5 was an engineer: he understood the basic process but wanted three years to research, implement, and design a new state-of-the-art method.

Husband #6 was from finance and administration: he thought he knew how, but he wasn't sure whether it was his job or not.

Husband #7 was in marketing: although he had a nice product, he was never sure how to position it.

Husband #8 was a psychologist: all he ever did was talk about it.

Husband #9 was a gynecologist: all he did was look at it.

Husband #10 was a stamp collector: all he ever did was... God! I miss him!

But now that I've married you, I'm really excited!"

"Good," said the new husband, "but, why?"

"You're a lawyer. This time I know I'm gonna get screwed".

Comment

Working...
                              X