Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT/ I'm totally devastated this morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT/ I'm totally devastated this morning...

Can't find my shop coffee cup..
    I know...it's bad hey...
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

I got PO the other day and broke mine after a 15 yrs faithful service.......replacements just aren't the same.........frown
    Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

Oh Geezuz...I guess I'm not that bad off then...I've only had this one for about 4 years..
      I'm thinkin i may have left it on the roof of my missuses Jeep.
      And she left awhile ago... I can only hope it died quickly..

Comment

Probably Froze down...

I have seen some things sit on Bumpers/Car Roofs for a long time...

Comment

Oh Gawd...I'm going to have to use hers now.
          I just looked...she WASHES the bloody thing.
          That's just wrong.

Comment

Oh-tea

Mine is black and the gold has long since faded.
            Those faded elliptical wings indicate the Mark 1 Spitfire but the bust of Reginald Mitchell 1895-1937 remains clear.
            The mug came from the Reginald Mitchell School.

The 11th June 1937 is also a date in my life as well.

Comment

I had a really nice one. It was gold and quite old. Some guy rode by on a white stallion and big sword hanging from his old garb and stole it on me and ran off shouting "I've found it, I've found it" ?

Actually, I had one that I really liked. My friend comes over to the shop and pours himself some coffee in that cup. I told him to be-careful with that cup as it was my favorite. With in 5 seconds it was on the floor in pieces. A few years later he's back and I have a cup with a Yellow Labrador Retriever that looked exactly like my bud. He got flustered when I ripped it out of his hands and gave him a different one. I wasn't going there again. I carried a china mug on a 30 mile hike into the Adirondacks when everyone else was using tin or plastic. I took a beating for it but I'll bet my coffee tasted better then theirs did
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I buy a dozen at a time from IKEA for fifty nine cents each, I loss them at job sights before they ever get time to break

Comment

LOL! I only use SS cups with a lid. Gotta have that around a welding bench.
                  The plastic lids get all covered with spatter...a highly desirable additive if you are a weldor
                  I'm going for a walk down to the road...might find my cup...layin by itself...out in the cold..

Comment

Mine's still alive & holding coffee here in the UK after more than 40 years !

Liberated from a USN ship in Brooklyn Navy Yard back in the early 1960s, some of you across the pond may have used a similar cup in a previous life....
                    Mark
                    What you say & what people hear is not always the same thing.
                    www.remark.me.uk

Comment

25 miles

I put my coffee mug full of coffee on the step of my 1954 Chevrolet stepside pick up. I then drove the 25 miles from West Seattle to Kirkland. I got out of the truck and picked up the mug and the darn coffee was cold. When you find a mug in the shop check for "green floaters" before drinking, they taste terrible ---guess how I know. The brown build-up that women wash off is better known as "flavor buds".

Comment

Originally posted by old-biker-uk

Liberated from a USN ship in Brooklyn Navy Yard back in the early 1960s, some of you across the pond may have used a similar cup in a previous life....
                        Mark
                        Good ol American Iron

You know if you would have done that 20 years ealier it could have qualified for lend lease

Good to know we are still supporting the Crown

Darn, I shouldn't pick on the Britt's, I was trained by one, and he was a darn good machinist...

Comment

Originally Posted by old-biker-uk

that looks like an early minging dynasty it may well be worth serious pasetos take it to christies and have it evaluated right away.Alistair
                          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

My step-father gets coffee cups from the company he works at (Rochester Gas And Electric Ginna Nuclear Power Plant (now part of Constellation Nuclear), we've got a bunch that go waaay back. My favorite is the one from the Steam Generator Replacement project, the art is inaccurate (they got the details of the crane and it's position wrong) but I've been drinking out of it since 1996.

Once in awhile I'll leave it out and every %$&(*ing bug in the house (and there are ALWAYS bugs in this house) manage to land in it. Same thing with beer bottles, good way to teach the importance of FINISHING your beverage.
                            This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
                            Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
                            Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

Good news...I found my cup beside the hiway! Not a scratch! I have been vindicated
                              Now I can put her cup back in the cupboard...unwashed as it should be
                              (retains that coffee flavour better...)

Comment

Working...
                              X