No announcement yet.

Snow day - what did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a couple of inspirational images are in order.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Snow? I think I remember seeing that once or twice...

Comment

Originally posted by davidh
        it sound like your in hell. tell us where you really are . .. .. .. ..
        David, I'm in Adelaide, South Australia. It's been this temperature for quite a few days now and there's no relief in sight for at least the next week or two.

To compound the problem we are in the middle of the worst drought for 100 years so we can't use water to keep cool or keep gardens alive.

Went out to the workshop (uninsulated iron 30' x 20' shed) last night to do an urgent welding job, had all the covers off the MIG with fans blowing on it to try and keep it running long enought to complete the job.

Thought about jumping in the rainwater tank to cool off but that water is now hot as well.

The thing is, complaining about it ain't going to make it any cooler so I keep working out there and just drink a lot of water.

Comment

Evan, wherever that is, is too hot and has too many bugs and snakes.

Yup, plain nasty there, like it better here.
          1601 2137 5683 1002 1437

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

Here is an inspirational picture for you Gavin. I live on the top of the hill in the near distance.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Looks like a beautiful place Evan, unfortunately I saw people there, two of them

The only place I ever experience zero people is around me when I need help.

Comment

Thanks Evan, I'll print it out and hang it over my lathe this weekend.

I'm hoping it cools down next week (althought I don't think it will), next Sunday I'm due to race my Superkart. Sitting in a leather race suit with my backside 1" off the hot race track at 100 mph+ in this sort of temperature is not a lot of fun at my age.

Rgds - Gavin

Comment

Nice picture.... That snow should be squeaking at least when the sun gets low, if not before.

One thing I don't get much down here in the tropics is squeaky snow..... It starts to squeak around -5F and changes character as you probably have noticed, down below that, until everything starts to get quiet below -30F.

We don't get cold enough for squeaky snow, although it has been getting steadily colder in winters here for some time. When I first came down here in the 1970s, it was rarely below freezing, and snow was always gone in 3 days. Even the 24" of snow we got in 1982 was gone in a week, except for the piles in parking lots.

More recently we have had just 5 or 6" of snow stay for 3 or 4 weeks. But it still doesn't squeak.
                  1601 2137 5683 1002 1437

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

If you look closely at a digital signal, you find out it is really analog......

Comment

What did I do today?Nothing I had planned to do.The whole day shot to hell shuffling paper and playing phone tag with customers.
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                    X