D1-4 Backplate needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1-4 Backplate needed

I'm wanting to mount up a 3 Jaw Chuck ( Plain Back ) with a D1-4 backplate. My Problem is the chuck is 8 1/4" in Dia and so far I have not been able to track down a D1-4 backplate that for sure is 8 1/4"...does anyone know where I can find such a beast?

Walt
    Walt

If the issue is 8" versus 8.25", then buy a 10" backplate an turn it down. These import backplates have been fine for me - here is the 10" version. It is only a few dollars more than the 8" version.

http://www.shars.com/products/view/9...ate_10quot_D15

Comment

Does it actually NEED to be 8 1/4" ? what diameter is the register and the pitch circle diameter for the bolts ? If both are less than 8" allowing for the bolts than go with that.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Yes it needs to be 8 !/4" as the mounting bolts are along the outer edge...as for 10" backplates, all I find such in 10" jump to D1-5 mountings so that doesn't help
        Walt

Comment

Did you look at my link? It is a 10" adapter!! Opps - I checked - it is D1-5. Sorry

Comment

My 10" 3 jaw chuck appears to be mounted on a roughly 10-1/2" back plate. I'm guessing turned down from a 12"? Anyway, it forms a lip sicking out maybe 1/4" and provides ample room to countersink outboard SHCS from the rear.
            Russ
            Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

I haven't been able to find a D1-4 8 1/4" or larger...turning it down wouldn't be a problem, just finding one larger than 8" is my problem.
              I don't want to make an adapter plate because of potential induced
              inaccuracies.

Walt
              Walt

Comment

Walt, look here.

http://grizzly.com/products/8-1-4-D1...k-Plate/T10104

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Thanks John...that will work, never thought to check grizzly out

Walt
                  Walt

Comment

Working...
                  X