LMS Dial Indicator/Magnetic Base Close Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMS Dial Indicator/Magnetic Base Close Out

The Little Machine Shop is having a close out on a dial indicator with magnetic base in a plastic case, their part # 3385, for $15, original pricing was about $90. Its a 2 1/4" dial, 1.3" travel, 0.001 graduations, with a very small switchable magnetic base. Originally the were marketed by K-D Tools, boxes for sale in NAPA stores. They are sold as is, the indicator is in a sealed bag, the bases have some minor rust on the base and arm assembly. I ordered 2 of the sets, the first had 3 small rust spots, the second has only one, and took less than 5 minutes to clean up. A couple of good cheap indicators, are always handy to have in the shop. I thought someone might be interested.

Jack

http://littlemachineshop.com/product...3385&category=
    jack

Those holders are the rusty rebuilt ones.

Comment

Umm, yeah, they are.

Seems like the long range indicator could make a good quill "ARO" but the base is awful small.

Comment

I bought one too. Some minor rust on one corner of the base and on the adjust knob. I did not like the base though - very weak magnetic power. At least compared to my other small bases of the same size.

Indicator works good though. No rust on it.

Andrew

Comment

Wonder if I could make those single bolt locking arms????
          You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X