Magnet motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G.A. Ewen
    That is the way that it looks BUT they don't show the output shaft in the video until AFTER they start to power down.
    So as a fake it's even a bad fake
    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
      Mathematics is very interesting. It is the only area of human endeavour where perfection may be found. It can be as simple as 2 plus 2 equals 4. Mathematics if filled with examples of absolute statements. In the discipline of logic these are called tautologies, a statement that is automatically and by default true. A=A is such a statement.

In Real Life there are many such examples of absolutes as well. You cannot fly by standing on the ground and flapping your arms. Why? The answer lies in the mathematics that describe the situation. We may calculate how much lift you are capable of producing by flapping your arms and then compare that to the amount it would require to lift your body against the force of gravity.

The mathematics will show that there is absolutely no way that you can generate enough lift to fly by flapping your arms. To disprove that you will need to point to an error in the mathematics and explain why it is wrong.

The same applies to some of your statements regarding what is possible with electromagnetics. I understand enough of the math to know that the math is correct.

What you don't understand is that the idea of there always being additional possibilities as yet undiscovered is absurd. The universe is governed by limits. Those limits are often absolute and do not admit of any exceptions. If you wish to posit an exception then you are making an exceptional claim. Exceptional claims require exceptional proof. The burden of proof rests on you.
      Mathematics is only one part of the equation --- If it is all you use to try and problem solve with you are doomed from the start --- What you can do is escape from the rigidity in your thinking that leads you down the direct path of making the statement that something cannot be done -- EVER, Even though you may be correct for the time frame we live in and the knowledge weve acquired in the said era -- There's potential possibilities in every problem- even if we dont have the means of seeing them -yet ------- This is one of the fundamental differences between me and you and I have witnessed you with your rubber stamp that says "NO GO" and how you seem to be able to write stuff off so quickly -- In doing so I think you by-pass allot of valuable thinking, Mostly - there are tricks around things -- problems can be manipulated to "obey" all the laws Yet still yield the results one was after in the first place --- So I say to you -- dont get stuck in your thinking of how the math wont work --- step back and take a look at the problem differently, throw in some variables ----- use some common sense and remember the statement of not being able to see the forest for the tree's -- if there is one statement that comes to mind to describe you it is just that ------ there is no doubt that you have attention to detail, but I believe thats what trips you up all the time --- STOP analyzing the pine needle with the magnifying glass and take a step back and look at the big picture.....

Example;

Originally posted by evan
      The mathematics will show that there is absolutely no way that you can generate enough lift to fly by flapping your arms. To disprove that you will need to point to an error in the mathematics and explain why it is wrong.
      I dont need to point to any "error" in mathematics - all I need to do is solve the problem with the information given - and I believe I can do just that.

"You" is a relative term, "You" in your statement may mean me - you - or anybody else, lets start with "me" and what I already know --- "I" know that at one time I was capable of achieving an Iron Cross (this is a gymnastics exercise that requires ALLOT of upper body strength)-- therefore I can at least prove that "I" was capable of at least holding neutral with my arms against my body weight and the force of gravity --- This is a good place to start at also discrediting your statement of;
      We may calculate how much lift you are capable of producing by flapping your arms and then compare that to the amount it would require to lift your body against the force of gravity.
      Since Iv been in sports all my life Im also aware that it is much more difficult to hold a muscle in a static position (like the iron cross) for any length of time due to it not being able to exchange the precious blood that carries its oxygen for work exchange -- muscles are also blood pumps - so flapping would be a benefit --- score one for me --- OOOPS score one for you also , now im going to have to be dealing with the down time for the upstroke and although unloaded and far quicker it means that whatever the one way "check valve" type pumping wings that im designing (did I tell you about those --- sorry -- you left that wide open so its mine to use ) they better slip through the air upon lifting due to every precious millisecond will cost me dearly in having to exert even more pressures in the down stroke --- damn --- If I was Evan Id throw in the towel -- but im not Evan --- im aware that there was at least no clause in the statement of whether or not these "pumping wings" couldnt be neutrally buoyant --- Im still gonna fall way short -- I dont even need to crunch any numbers - im a failure - I have a defeatist attitude -- woe is me --- why was I evan born ------- wait a minute --- key words "I" - "me" ---- I dont need to power this thing -- there are people without an entire lower body -- they dont have legs let alone an ass, there approx. half the weight of a normal humanoid and some can lift TWICE their body weight with their arms -- since the down time on the upstroke is going to be a fraction under half the time and they can actually create a great gain on the downstroke It may be very possible for a man to (and I quote)

generate enough lift to fly by flapping your arms

WOW --- and im not even the one who had to "prove" anything was possible --- My entire doctrine is that I dont claim to think that all the information is in yet to make a sound judgment - and in fact YOUR the one that has to not only prove that its impossible -- you have to defend that stance for eternity - now that I will call impossible

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
        the one way "check valve" type pumping wings that im designing (did I tell you about those --- sorry -- you left that wide open so its mine to use ) they better slip through the air upon lifting due to every precious millisecond will cost me dearly in having to exert even more pressures in the down stroke
        Are you really trying to build wings for a human that aren't primarily based on gliding and if so is there a book running on this?
        I might like a bit of the action
        Nick

Comment

All mathematics is "wrong" because it is a reflection of our perceptions which are not all-knowing. Just because a concept isn't reflected in the existing math doesn't mean it's wrong. However... yes, you do need to somehow provide proof that the currently accepted laws of thermodynamics are incorrect for me to believe it. After that, somebody will change mathematics to reflect the fact.
          On the contrary, mathematics that describes observed reality isn't a matter of making the numbers fit our perceptions. It drops out of the observations we make and in this specific discussion is entirely able to make predictions about the unknown. The speed of light is inherent in the Maxwell Equations and that was not apparent at first. It was actually discovered later that the equations contain a derivative of the wave nature of electromagnetism that when coupled with the permittivity of free space produce a value that corresponds to the velocity of light.

The same applies to all of Einstein's work. He makes the base assumption that the Maxwell equations are invariant and his theories are then built on that premise. Using this approach he managed to predict numerous unknown physical phenomena that were later discovered to exist.
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

If it is all you use to try and problem solve with you are doomed from the start --- What you can do is escape from the rigidity in your thinking that leads you down the direct path of making the statement that something cannot be done -- EVER, Even though you may be correct for the time frame we live in and the knowledge weve acquired in the said era
            I think that that for every 'absolute statement' (such that Evan is making) it's pretty reasonable to assume that qualifiers such as "unless the laws of physics change", "unless an entirely new aspect of physics is discovered" or even "unless magic is discovered" are an implicit part of the statement and so basic as to not have to be stated. Otherwise anyone can claim anything free from any scientific rigor or rational thought.

As it is known today, perpetual motion machines in general are impossible. This includes a motor run purely by permanent magnets. Impossible. Can't be done. No chance. Nope. None. Nada. Violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics I believe.

Now, if you insist that a magnetic motor is possible, then it really is up to you to find the loophole in the existing maths that say otherwise. You don't even have to be precise about it - just find the loophole that makes it possible.

An until you find the loophole, well, the math (which is correct for all of eternity) gives you the beat-down.

Comment

Against Fools...

"Against Fools, the Gods themselves contend in Vain"

Determining who is a Fool and who is a God is left as an exercise for the reader.

-bill

Comment

never argue with a fool.
                they will drag you down to their level
                and beat you with experience

Comment

#1...... Evan is essentially right on this.........

#2..... It doesn't matter since even the material searched-for by AK would NOT make a difference, it should STILL take energy to move it through the magnetic field.

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

Comment

I had to try . This one has a mag in the piston and two on the wheel. One to push and the other to pull. It might take a couple more years but I might get it to run some day.

Comment

It might take a couple more years but I might get it to run some day.
                      You haven't been paying attention, have you? It will not run.
                      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Yes

Yes it will never run.
                        Yes it will never run.
                        Yes it will never run.
                        Yes it will never run.
                        Yes it will never run.
                        Yes it will never run.
                        Yes it will never run.
                        Yes it will never run.
                        Ever
                        Bill
                        I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

I'm just going to encourage him

And say he needs a heavier flywheel to carry it through the transition period .

all the best.markj

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
                            I'm just going to encourage him

And say he needs a heavier flywheel to carry it through the transition period .

all the best.markj
                            And dilithium crystals to kickstart it.

Comment

So, you-all are saying that a motor with magnets in the flywheel and piston can't run?

Keep eye on ball.
                              Hashim Khan

Comment

Evan
                                Are you sure it won't run. I was brave enough to show a pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X