Magnet motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gt2ride
    I had to try . This one has a mag in the piston and two on the wheel. One to push and the other to pull. It might take a couple more years but I might get it to run some day.

I bet you had fun building it

I also think it would make a great conversation piece on a coffee table or such,

And - No - it will not work with the materials and the configuration that its in and I really dont know of anything that could get it to do so - to date -- but thats also just my opinion, and my opinion is I also think its still cool and I like your fluctuating rotary pulsar drive mechanism.
    Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 02-09-2009, 10:30 PM.

Comment

So, you-all are saying that a motor with magnets in the flywheel and piston can't run?
      Not more than a rev or two without some other power source.

It will probably run longer if you take the magnets out :-D

Comment

AK Boomer, did you really think you were going to sit down and in a few hours produce a magnetic motor that would instantly obsolete almost all internal combustion engines and electric motors?

You would be the richest guy ever. Richer than Bill Gates. richer than J Paul Getty. You would be SO rich there wouldn't be enough money to pay you. Your wealth would be measures in the number of continents owned. Except that it would be too easy to copy and you wouldn't get paid, ever.

Comment

And remove the connecting rod.

Comment

I was going to use stronger magnets

Comment

Originally posted by tony ennis
              Not more than a rev or two without some other power source.

It will probably run longer if you take the magnets out :-D

Ok, you get a pass, for saying some other power source.........

I asked, because I have several Briggs, Tecumseh, Power Products, and other small motors which seem to run OK with magnets in the flywheel...... I thought maybe some in the pistons might stop them then..............

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                It sounds as if your comfortable with the word "maybe" too.
                No - there is no maybe. Perpetual motion is impossible. Magnetic motors are impossible. If energy were not required to create work then the universe would be filled with dervishes running indefinitely on zero energy. Energy is required to initiate the motion in the first place. Once that initial input is completed the device will wind down because all devices require energy to keep them going. The possible exception is people who believe in perpetual motion - they seem to never run out of energy.

In spite of the impossibility of it, there is nothing to keep people from trying to create perpetual motion. It is an utterly futile activity, of course.

Comment

Now there is some value in experimenting with and developing new bearings that devour less energy...

Comment

I bet they told Diesel it would never work.

Comment

I bet they told Diesel it would never work.
                      Perhaps - but Diesel was not going up against the cold hard stone wall of immutable physics. The Diesel engine was always possible whereas perpetual motion has never been possible and never can be.

Comment

darn I guess I will have to work on someting else.

Comment

darn I guess I will have to work on someting else.
                          Not necessarily - the real fun in perpet machines is to see how long they continue to run after the energy source has been removed. I think it should be a category in the Guinness catalog.

Comment

Originally posted by tony ennis
                            AK Boomer, did you really think you were going to sit down and in a few hours produce a magnetic motor that would instantly obsolete almost all internal combustion engines and electric motors?

Where in the hell did you get that from anything I ever stated?

My statement was this --- "give me a material that shields magnetism and yet is not effected by magnetism itself and I will have a working unit built by end of the day that runs till its bearings wear out"

That statement is fact -- it would be a piece of cake --- dont argue against it -- its futile - I'll prove you or anybody else wrong every single time -- argue that the material either doesnt exist or we havent found it yet -- those are your only choices.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                              Where in the hell did you get that from anything I ever stated?

My statement was this --- "give me a material that shields magnetism and yet is not effected by magnetism itself and I will have a working unit built by end of the day that runs till its bearings wear out"

That statement is fact -- it would be a piece of cake --- dont argue against it -- its futile - I'll prove you or anybody else wrong every single time -- argue that the material either doesnt exist or we havent found it yet -- those are your only choices.
                              Given that such a material is totally neutral to a magnetic field, an equivalent to that is to put your magnetic field in remote interstellar space where there is nothing significant around for parsecs. Draw a picture of it and describe how it works.

Comment

It's no wonder I never was worth a damn in math, at least not as far as my teachers were concerned. I could do 2x+4 = 10 in my head, I didn't need 4 pages of calculations to solve it and prove it.
                                I solved it by known facts, and I "proved" it by accepting those facts. I didn't need anything more than that to satisfy myself, and then I was ready to move on.

I never needed to prove line A-B parallel to line C-D, I knew, by basic rules of geometry that if the ends were equal distances apart the lines were parallel, I was told that, took it as gospel because it made perfect sense, and never needed to know anything more about it. End of story, anything more was a waste of my time.

I know that a person cannot fly by flapping their arms, I've tried it, didn't work, and I know why it won't work. I don't need any math to prove it to myself. End of story.

What I can't believe is that I've just read 8 pages of a forum where grown men are blathering about something that has been proven not to work, according to existing technology.

Don't you guys have anything else to do?? Wouldn't your time be better spent debating USA vs offshore machines or doing actual machine work??

Comment

Working...
                                X