Looking for TECO experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for TECO experience

I needed a VFD for an old M-Head BPort which as most of us know, is only 1/2 horsepower.
    I bought a larger VFD than I need (rated 1 HP) counting on upgrading to a larger motor of which ended up going missing. Can I use the 1HP TECO drive on the 1/2 horse motor for now?

It is a Model Number: JNEV 201-H1..
    240Volt 1PH IN, 240V3PH OUT

Anyone do anything similar?
    Thanks, Mike
    Bricolage anyone?....one of lifes fun games.

I have a 1HP Teco (same voltages) running a 3/4hp motor so I can't see why your setup won't work.

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by oddball racing
      Can I use the 1HP TECO drive on the 1/2 horse motor for now?
      Absolutely. I have a 3 HP VFD driving a 2 HP motor, and it's fine.
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

I ran a 7.5 HP motor on a 3HP Teco for a year and it did fine, just didn't push it too hard.

Comment

You can always use a bigger VFD on a smaller motor, in fact, it is reccommended to do so when using single-phase in three-phase out in the larger horsepowers. I think most manufacturers allow for the phase conversion in their smaller hp models (say less than 5hp). MickeyD's scenario is what you need to watch out for, particularly if he's feeding it single phase; probably not too bad if he's doing 3-phase in and 3-phase out.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyD
            I ran a 7.5 HP motor on a 3HP Teco for a year and it did fine, just didn't push it too hard.
            That's OK until you load the motor.
            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
            X