Free GTA Tos Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free GTA Tos Mill

Sounds like for whoever can get there first..........

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...d.php?t=175850
    Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Oooh, that's a big boy -- 3,300 lbs if I remember correctly.

Wish I lived in Canada!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Darn it,wrong side of the continent for Russ.
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Ive got one of those and its a well built machine. Really cant argue at the price

just after I moved mine in:

Dave
        Just south of Sudspumpwater UK

Comment

I still keep getting a woody looking at that............

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I just got all 16 speeds running fine now too
            Id wired the start contactor across the 2 generated phases from my rotary convertor, so when the motor tried to start and the phases dipped the contactor dropped out. rewired correctly and its a 'clunk....whoop whoop whoop whirr' as the spindle runs up to speed.
            Its quite scary at 4500 rpm...

Dave
            Just south of Sudspumpwater UK

Comment

other side of town for me, but i just don't need another mill ................now if it was a big universal

Comment

Gah! If only it were half the size...

Comment

small.planes, I could tell you were in the UK just from the 'feel' of that picture.

Comment

Was it the Castle Combe Racing circuit sign?, the Brit number plate in the window, everything built of brick or the homely crammed in , neighbours overlooking everything situation ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Well, I sent the guy an email. I am only about 4 hours away-- catch is, I am across the border in MI.

Do any of you know how duty might work on something like this? I hope, that since it is a free item, the duty will be minimal, but my friend says that that is only true to a certain point, and some large items might be charged on weight...

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully we will be able to pick it up.

Jason

Comment

Funny thing is it looks like he has only had it since March.
                        http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...d.php?t=153624
                        Mike
                        Brandon MI
                        2003 MINI Cooper S JCW#249
                        1971 Opel GT
                        1985 Ford 3910LP

Comment

Originally posted by jacampb2
                          Well, I sent the guy an email. I am only about 4 hours away-- catch is, I am across the border in MI.

Do any of you know how duty might work on something like this?
                          You might want to read Don Thomas' thread on PracticalMachinst where he drove up to Canada to buy a Hardinge clone. He had a heck of a time at the border, apparently because Canadians customs wanted to charge him duty because he was a professional machinery dealer.
                          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

lazlo, is that the guys user name? I will go try to search for it.

Thanks,
                            Jason

Comment

n/m found it, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X