Arbor press tonnage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbor press tonnage?

Rather unimportant question, but thought I'd ask anyway: How (or why) do they rate arbor presses?

I just picked up one of ENCO's imports (2 ton, 88lb, on sale for $50; MSC has an 88lb 2-ton for $135, go fig ) and once cleaned up and the gibs adjusted, it works quite well.

But, I was wondering, where do they get the "2-ton" rating? Do they figure the average bloke is 200 lb and the rack is 10:1?

Doc.
    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Good question; I've wondered myself. Have something similar myself, but the arm/handle is like four feet long.

Comment

Aaarrgghhhh! Doc!

Don't let "like" get into the written word as well as the spoken.........
      If you live in CA, as I do, those redundant "like"s will drive you nuts!

Comment

Ken you and I have at least one thing in common. The problem is, all that stuff starts in CA and then spreads to the whole country. Remove 'like' and 'you know' from the spoken language and most of today's youth might as well be mute. ...hmmm, come to think of it that might not be a bad idea.

Regarding the arbor press ratings: I've always assumed that was the point beyond which the things might be expected to break (ie. weakest component).
        Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

The ratings are based on the amount of tonnage the press frame will handle without breaking.

Comment

Doc Nickel, Ken:

Like, wow - man. As long as the handle don't like bend - then you can exceed that tonnage - like if you're a big fat dude like me.

Like, totally gnarly dude!

Sorry Ken, could not like help myself...

Comment

Thrud.....

Dude, that info is like completely deck.

Thanks

Comment

Yo, yo, yo, You. Dudes be totally whack!

No gnarly wag-jiz worth his props wouldn't diss a jag-bit poo-butt jiggy-be. S'up dat Five-Oh?

Comment

Was ist hier los?? Es war meine Verstehung dieses ist einen Englisch Sprechender BBS.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 08-12-2003).]
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Viellicht warren sie einmahl unrecht.

Comment

Ok, am 13 so i know what is being said nowadays. but since i know, i couldn't tell you for lack of knowing what i am saying different? Do you know what i am saying? You just have to listen to what i am saying, ok!
                      Does anyone actually read siglines?

Comment

Evan ???

What is here loose?? It was is my Verstehung this an English of speaking BBS.

I tryed to get this translated. Did i get it right? If i did what is a verstehung?
                        Does anyone actually read siglines?

Comment

Shed guy,
                          You're like out of it Dude, I mean, like it's not "Do you know what I'm saying" it's like "Smell me?" these days.

;-)

Comment

The irony here is that most of this conversation came off from Ken's tangent about using the Vally-girl-ism "like", when in fact that word does not appear in my original post in any form.

Doc.
                            Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Joel,

Mأ¥ske i denne omgang.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 08-12-2003).]
                              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X