Grizzly RT feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizzly RT feedback

Looking for feedback on Grizzlys 10" RT, in particular comparison to Phase 2 and Vertex? Owners or showroom impression.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-H...asa-Type/G9299
    Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

I have one of those and am quite happy with it. Can you get it with a tailstock??? I had to make a mount to use the tailstock off my lathe with it. I like all the clamping room that a 10" with 6 slots gives you. What size is your table??
    Ernie (VE7ERN)

May the wind be always at your back

Comment

I have a suitable Ph 2 tailstock now that will work with the 10", just need to get the dividing plates........table is 9x48.
      Last edited by hardtail; 03-06-2009, 07:36 PM.
      Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

I also have that 10" Grizzly RT, it is very good, the only bad part for me is the weight, its all I can to do is lift it onto the mill table.

jack
        jack

Comment

Looks like a copy of a Yausa. So I would say it should be good.
          Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
          http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
          http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by platypus2020
            I also have that 10" Grizzly RT, it is very good, the only bad part for me is the weight, its all I can to do is lift it onto the mill table.

jack
            Ditto, ditto, ditto.

I actually dropped it once. Missed my foot, thank goodness. Don't lift it with oily hands.
            Paul A.
            SE Texas

Make it fit.
            You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Same Opinion

Originally posted by platypus2020

jack
              Ditto to above. I have solved the weight problem with a moving cart. Grizzly had a tall cart with a flat top for sale. I drilled and countersunk holes in a piece of 3/4" plywood and bolted it to the top of the cart. Now by lowering the mill table only a few inches below its normal working height, I can slide the RT from the mill bed to the cart top. Then I roll cart back to its storage location.
              Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy1
                Ditto to above. I have solved the weight problem with a moving cart. Grizzly had a tall cart with a flat top for sale. I drilled and countersunk holes in a piece of 3/4" plywood and bolted it to the top of the cart. Now by lowering the mill table only a few inches below its normal working height, I can slide the RT from the mill bed to the cart top. Then I roll cart back to its storage location.
                Ditto here too. I made a rollaway table as a welding table and keep the RT on it when not in use. I then made a 4 part block and tackle system to lift it off and on.

Ernie (VE7ERN)

May the wind be always at your back

Comment

Working...
                X