OT/ LED Mag Lite Replacement Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT/ LED Mag Lite Replacement Bulbs

I took a chance at Harbor Fright yesterday and bought an LED bulb for my maglite 5 cell C flashlight. I had been looking at them at other vendors for a year or so, thinking about the cost tradeoff vs the extended battery life. We have a maglite service center here in Tallahassee and they have the LED bulb for $19.95. While looking in CyberGuys catalog a little while back, I noticed a replacement by a different manufacturer, Nite Eyez, for $13.95. When I saw them in HF for $9.95, I thought I might take a chance and what do you know, theirs are the same brand as CyberGuys has.

These are not quite as bright as the Quartz bulb and tend to have a bluish shade of light, like most LED's do, but seem to work well. Now, to see how long the batteries last. The three AAA batteries that are in my 9 LED tactical light have been in there since 2005 and I use that thing all the time. They still check out 98% on my battery checker. If they are as good in the big flashlight it will be wonderful. I have to buy 2 packages (4 packs) at around $6 each every time I change them out in the old 5 cell. Also, the LED is cast into solid acrylic and is not subject to my clumbsy ass dropping it while handling the dogs at night.
    Jim (KB4IVH)

Only fools abuse their tools.
Working...
X