Mill Identity Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mill Identity Picture

Hi, can anyone identify this mill. I posted before without pictures. It has a tag on the vertical head attachment "VISA". There are no other markings. The fellow weighted it today for me. It weights 4500lbs. He said he would deliver it free. (75 miles) Here's a link I hope it works. Thanks in advance for any help.
    http://s614.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=italian1.jpg

I can't identify Visa, but it is similar in many respects to several Europens milling machines, and is probably a very substantial machine.

It appears to be a horizontal mill with a vertical attachment, and it is a universal mill as the table swivels. If it includes the dividing head as illustrated it would be a good setup for gear cutting.

Judging by the photo, it is in very good condition, and would be a good solid machine. Be aware, it is European, and almost guaranteed to be metric, spindle and collet tapers are probably not anything standard or readily available. Spare parts will be as difficult to find as information.
    Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by JCHannum
      Be aware, it is European, and almost guaranteed to be metric, spindle and collet tapers are probably not anything standard or readily available. Spare parts will be as difficult to find as information.
      European spindle tapers are usually standard on ISO 30, 40 and 50 and will interchange with INT or BT 30's, 40's and 50's

Spares are another matter, even if the local dealer has a bin full of parts they will probably be out of reach of the non- commercial user.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I didn't think about the ISO tapers, that will make things simpler. It looks like a hell for stout machine.
        Jim H.

Comment

Hey, 'Slaw. you live any where near the Siuslaw River??

TC

Comment

Fair price?

The mill has been converted to a 3hp 220 capacitor start motor. It comes with both arbor type holders. Vertical adapter,3 arbors, Several #50 holders, dividing head equiped with the change gears that attach to the x axis to cut helical gears, And a new kurt vice. The mill seams to operate ok and he will deliver it. I don't want to insult this guy I don't want to get taken either. What would be a fair price for all this? Thanks Bill

Comment

Tim Clarke

I have a place in Mapleton about 15 miles up river from Florence.

Comment

Price

Whatever he is wanting up to what you can afford.

A new Kurt is ~500. Recent motor is not chump change. Being that it is a big mill, with a dividing head, delivered too. If I had $3k, I'd fork it over if that was the asking price.
                I may be a fool, but that looks like a good mill to me.

FWIW
                Lenord

Comment

Thanks for the help. Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X