Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dremel sized sanding disk arbors...??

Hi,

Anybody know of a source for 1/8" shank arbors made for PSA sanding disks? 1" diameter would be ideal.

I've been told Dremel does not have such an item. A Dremel dealer told me a German abrasives maker offered them though.

Thanks.

Try MicroMark they have alot of sanding bits

Ray

Comment

How in the world would you get the used disc off without bending
      the shaft? The PSA stuff I've seen is a real bear to remove from
      the plate. I use hook and loop on the biger (5") sanders.
      You could always make one, this is a machining BB. :-)
      ...lew...

Comment

there is a new-ish (over the past year or so) cutoff wheel setup with the dremel. sort of a press/turn thing. not sure if they are doing it for sanding disks? the cutoff wheels are great..much better than having to remove that stupid screw..and much better quality fiber wheel. got mine at home depot. i will look next time i am there at the sanding selection
        "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

Micro mark has stick on type, You can make your own disc with a 1 " hole punch/gasket/leather style arch punch. You can by what ever grit and size of the sticky backed dia sanding disks. they worked.
          another trick is with the screw tipped arbor for the felt polishing buffs/bobbs. I use the furniture and table protect felt feet/pads. They come in 1" dia discs and 5x7 and 8x10 flat pads you can cut your own out of.
          glen
          Glen
          Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
          I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
          All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

They are available but the dickens to find, I had looked and looked with no luck, my son got these for me somewhere around where he lives in Mich? - I'll try and ask where. They sure have helped me out on several occasions -- I hate to use em, afraid I'll run out and couldnt find more

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

Is this the lock on type someone spoke of?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Any where you can buy Autobody shop supplies should have them. 3M comes to mind we use them all the time, you can get them in 3" 2" and 1" in various grits. Here's a link to the 2" Jobies
                I'd search for the others but I'm on dial up right now.
                Opps i guess I should have read that first, these are 1/4" not 1/8" but you could turn the arbor down the disc screws onto a rubber pad.

Clinton
                Last edited by ClintonH; 03-18-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

So far I don't think any of them are exactly what I'm looking for.

I didn't mention I have a ton of 1" PSA disks in various grits. I also have several arbors for these, but 1/4" shank. I may just take one of the 1/4" arbors and turn the shank down.

I have a grinder with 1/4" collets. My little Dremel has the right angle head so that's the one I want to use for a couple small projects.

Comment

DR: Possibly Princess Auto if in Canada. I've some of these but as mentioned by others, bought them a while ago and forgot (old age comes to mind here?!) Wayne

Comment

yep that is the lock on...it rocks
                      "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

here are some flexible sanding discs with the snap on off mandrel, dentist use them but they are popular for jewelry.
                        Here is the section on abrasives from the grobet USA web site there are franchise stores all over.http://grobetusa.com/Sections/abrasives.html

Some place else you can try is here http://www.armstrongtool.com/ They will be at NAMES and they have a list of other shows they will be at on their site.

Widget supply has slightly smaller ones in bulk adhesive back 100 for 5.97 the mandrel is down the bottom of the page.
                        http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/...-disk-adhesive
                        Glen
                        Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                        I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

I can't imagine making the flatrate in a body shop when working with a 1" disc in a dremel tool. Olde worlde Craftsmanship!

Comment

Originally posted by Thruthefence
                            I can't imagine making the flatrate in a body shop when working with a 1" disc in a dremel tool. Olde worlde Craftsmanship!
                            Hard to grind welds etc. inside a roof rail,door jam or in hood/trunk forms with a full sized disc. Yeah we're pretty old school anyway.

Clinton

Comment

Yeah, I sorta had this strange mental picture of a big, burly bodyman grinding the bondo down on a quarter panel repair with a 90 degree dremel.

Comment

Working...
                              X