Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am feeling very destructive as of lately

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am feeling very destructive as of lately

    I don't know, I love my steam locomotive but unless the boiler explodes....

    Anyhow, I am thinking about making a Pneumatic spud gun that shoots Golf balls because I can't think of any other real use for those white things, or maybe some type of liquid rocket engine...
    I remember Dave talking about the hydrogen peroxide rocket in his bathroom and I want to try mounting a larger one to the back of my toyota tacoma...
    I guess I could go the simple route and make a hybrid rocket motor using laughing gas and rubber pellets...
    Perhaps a project using VERY powerful magnets to launch metal objects through the walls of the workshop...
    Anyone have any fun idea's?

  • #2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvPL7KC1DEA
    I just need one more tool,just one!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by wierdscience
      Ahh the Creamer air/fuel mixture thingy, can't say the B word...

      Comment


      • #4
        I've always wanted to build a trebuchet. Nothing quite like a siege engine in the backyard to let the neighbors know who's the boss.
        Stuart de Haro

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BillH
          I guess I could go the simple route and make a hybrid rocket motor using laughing gas and rubber pellets...
          try this,model aerospike tested to destruction
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndgvIbtZ5hU
          -Dan S.
          dans-hobbies.com

          Comment


          • #6
            following up, if memory serves, this is what it's suposed to look like
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndgvIbtZ5hU

            Originally posted by dan s
            try this,model aerospike tested to destruction
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndgvIbtZ5hU
            -Dan S.
            dans-hobbies.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Bill, you've reminded me of my own need to be destructive from time to time- lately I've been thinking about trying to build a propane ring launcher. This would be like a smoke ring launcher, but also with the ability to trail a wisp of the gas behind so you could hit the ignition button to send a shaft of fire over some distance, culminating in the explosion of the gas ring as the main event. Shooting the ring of propane towards a burning candle would be ok also.

              Many years ago, my dad was into reloading, and when that kind of died out there was one tub of gunpowder left over. Long story short, I kind of got into it, and we made many devices that would shoot nails, rocks, whatever, ignited by fuses from firecrackers (which we also had a lot of left over once that became illegal here). Two of us at least had enough sense to prevent ourselves and friends from getting blowed up, and it was a blast doing that. We had access to flare tubes and other military 'expendables', such as shell casings, so we had pretty much all the raw materials we needed to make our 'devices'. It didn't hurt that I lived next to a military base at the time. We could actually requisition stuff from the base stores through a 'friendly' warrant officer- one day it was a box of flares. We actually had to leave the scene that night after the pile of powder we extracted from them got so bright our eyes couldn't stand it.

              I don't think that 'fire' is quite out of my system yet- I still want to play with fire (not an arsonist though). I am going to file up a piece of magnesium I have here for a 'surprise' flash over a campfire this summer. Only this time I'm going to close my eyes- last time I did that I was blinded for about two minutes-
              I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

              Comment


              • #8
                Not more "tossers"!!!

                Originally posted by hornluv
                I've always wanted to build a trebuchet. Nothing quite like a siege engine in the backyard to let the neighbors know who's the boss.
                That's all we need here - a mechanical "Tosser" when we've got plenty of the real thing(s) - "tossers".

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebuchet

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tosser

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanker

                Comment


                • #9
                  How About Propane fueled launcher.

                  Hello Bill
                  You could use a propane cylinder to supply fuel to a launcher tube.
                  Turn on the fuel then shut off the valve and hit the ignition and away she goes. A model T type ignition coil or something similar could provide ignition.
                  Then all you need is a good supply of golf balls and a target.
                  If you want to get fancy you could design a sighting system such as a protractor type quadrant and a couple of levels with a launcher tube adjustable mount. I'm already interested just thinking about it.
                  Let us know what you make.
                  Chuck

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I made a home-made flame-thrower out of pipe and a laser-stinger out of CD-Burner parts...

                    The flame-thrower, the Wife Unit had an absolute fit about that one. More or less it was alcohol-and-compressed-air fuel'd... Not as powerful or impressive as some of the other ones I've seen but more than enough to impress the neighbor next door. "HEY BOB WATCH THIS *FWAAAAAOOOSH*" "HAHA THAT'S NEAT DOES YOUR WIFE KNOW?!" "NAAA SHE AIN'T HOME YET!"

                    The laser-stinger uses the laser diode out of a burner, you supply MORE POWER to it... it can ignite matches and pop balloons. IN THE WRONG HANDS IT CAN CAUSE INJURY SO DON'T LET THE KIDS PLAY WITH IT.
                    This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
                    Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
                    Plastic Operators Dot Com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tip toe around the law??

                      Originally posted by Yankee1
                      Hello Bill
                      You could use a propane cylinder to supply fuel to a launcher tube.
                      Turn on the fuel then shut off the valve and hit the ignition and away she goes. A model T type ignition coil or something similar could provide ignition.
                      Then all you need is a good supply of golf balls and a target.
                      If you want to get fancy you could design a sighting system such as a protractor type quadrant and a couple of levels with a launcher tube adjustable mount. I'm already interested just thinking about it.
                      Let us know what you make.
                      Chuck
                      When you starting using a burnable propellant, you are getting very close to the laws concerning the manufacture of firearms. There may not be any problem but I wouldn't want to have Big Brother knock on my door and say you are an illegal manufacturer of firearms. Perhaps a courtesy call to the local BATFE office would be a wise precaution.

                      Even better that the model T spark coil would be a pizeo-electric igniter used to light gas cooking grills.
                      Bill

                      Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

                      Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by hornluv
                        I've always wanted to build a trebuchet. Nothing quite like a siege engine in the backyard to let the neighbors know who's the boss.
                        LOL Yeah ... be careful if you go that route. I got a very nasty letter from our Homeowner's Association because I built a two story trebuchet in the back yard. They declared it was dangerous and had to be removed or I would be charged 1000 dollars a day!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How much room do you have. The rockets being fired into Isreal are little more than tubing with fins welded on. Fueled by a mixture of sugar and potassium nitrate fertilizer. Easy to make
                          Johnl

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by johnl
                            How much room do you have. The rockets being fired into Isreal are little more than tubing with fins welded on. Fueled by a mixture of sugar and potassium nitrate fertilizer. Easy to make
                            Johnl
                            Moments later MOSSAD raided his house and johnl was never seen again.
                            This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
                            Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
                            Plastic Operators Dot Com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Fasttrack
                              LOL Yeah ... be careful if you go that route. I got a very nasty letter from our Homeowner's Association because I built a two story trebuchet in the back yard. They declared it was dangerous and had to be removed or I would be charged 1000 dollars a day!
                              You of course destroyed their office with a volley of 1500 pound rocks... right?

                              This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
                              Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
                              Plastic Operators Dot Com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X