Gloat - drill press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffw5555
    I have rented a much heavier, dual axle drop deck trailer from one of the local rental places here in Indianapolis. They are made by Triple L, which was sold to JLG who make scissors lifts. (this is what the trailers are intended to be used for)

I have hauled Bridgeports & lathes with it, and it has a winch on front to pull the machines up onto the deck. Only problem is getting over the first lip, once on steel you don't even need the rollers/pipe to drag it the rest of the way as the steel to steel friction is much less than steel on concrete.

I even hauled 7500 lbs of ceramic tile on the same trailer.

At this point, I wouldn't consider any other way to move heavy machinery. Makes a one-person move easy!

I wish I owned one, but they are pretty pricey.
    most rental places will rent drop-deck trailers. most folks don't know what they are, so if you go in and say, "i want to rent a trailer", they will just rent you a standard trailer. tell them you're looking for a drop-deck trailer, and most will have them.

i do agree that they are the ULTIMATE in the quest for old iron. if i'm going to haul something that doesn't have it's own power source for mobility, i always rent the drop-decks any more.

andy b.
    The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Those inserts look like something I can use. Cermet coated carbide, negative rake, good for hard turning and cheap for you to mail. Now I need to find out when Dennis is coming up this way. He can take the bits back with him and stick them in a flat rate box for me.

Oh Dennis???
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
        Those inserts look like something I can use. Cermet coated carbide, negative rake, good for hard turning and cheap for you to mail. Now I need to find out when Dennis is coming up this way. He can take the bits back with him and stick them in a flat rate box for me.

Oh Dennis???
        Pm me a mailing address. House, wifes work, anything your comfortable with. I'll get the inserts started. Whats is the best description for crossing the border? Gift, sample, add a bottle of beer?

rock~
        Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Working...
        X