Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Way OT, bathroom doors in fast food joints....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way OT, bathroom doors in fast food joints....

Bathroom doors in fast food places like Mickey-d"s....

Why isn't there law that they have to be made so you pull to open on the way in? Then when you leave (after washing your hands, of course), you don't have to touch the handle. Just push it open with your shoulder.

The situation is made even worse now that many facilities don't have paper to dry your hands . Paper towels can be used to shield your clean hand from the filthy handle.

Obviously, I'm not the only person concerned. Today I was in a bathroom with paper towels. As I exited I deposited my towel on the floor after using it to pull the handle. There were at least a dozen towels on the floor left by others. You'd think they'd at least get a clue and put a waste can there.

What am I missing, having push-to-exit doors seems like a no brainer to me?

Maybe a funny, but how do you hold your" pee-pee" when you take a leak?

Some people are SO germophobic that I don't know how you can live in the world as it is.

"Today I was in a bathroom with paper towels. As I exited I deposited my towel on the floor after using it to pull the handle. There were at least a dozen towels on the floor left by others. You'd think they'd at least get a clue and put a waste can there."

That makes you a slob. You could hold the door open with your foot while you toss the towel into the trash can. But, NOOO. You and all the others are sending a signal that they should put a can next to the door for germophobics.

You really picked a topic that is asinine. I am a bit sorry for you. I would hate to live as you seem to.

Cheers,

George

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DR
        Obviously, I'm not the only person concerned. Today I was in a bathroom with paper towels. As I exited I deposited my towel on the floor after using it to pull the handle. There were at least a dozen towels on the floor left by others. You'd think they'd at least get a clue and put a waste can there.
        Sounds like being a litterer to me. Every fast food place I've ever been in has several trash containers, at least next to the exit doors and often placed around the room. If I exit a restroom with a towel like you did, I can always find a more appropriate place than the floor.
        "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

While trashing is not the ideal mode of exiting, I do see the point..... It IS stupid that the doors work like that.

Germophobic? Bollocks......

My unscientific recollection of "bathroom behavior" indicates that 30 to 50% of men will not wash hands after taking a leak. And 10% will not wash hands after a dump.

Given that those who DO often have the faucet on for possibly 3 seconds max, the total percentage of relatively clean hands is not so great.

Yep, I'd like to grab that handle and then go grab my hamburger and fries with the same fingers that now have on them whatever "johnson grease" or leftover crap the last 200 grubby Bubbas left on the door....... I prefer not to partake of the "screaming runs" that one of them may have had..... You can keep your "clostridium difficile" to yourself.

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by gmatov
            I would hate to live as you seem to.

Cheers,

George
            Likewise. And I hope we don't ever meet and you offer your hand for me to shake.

Comment

If the door opens out, you can't see if it's going to hit some poor slob who just happens to be standing there or walking by.

Of course, there's always the danger of being creamed the poor slob who throws his weight against the door just as you start to open it with your daintily toweled hand.

Danger lurks everywhere.

Roger
              Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

I dont wash my hands after taking a leak at home. Why, my piece is just as clean as my hands, for ME. No big deal. But when I go out, say to target I dont touch anything but myself there, dont need to, automated urinals. But I grab the handles of the shopping cart. Some turds on it from the last user, so what, this is life. I will prolly get in my car and pick some errant buggers on the way home too, or looking for them anyway, just a fun thing to do on the freeway, polk around for anything that wants to be found, its a hobby. Just got the cold from the last user of the shopping cart. So what, now I have a lil sniffle, Ill poke around in the nose before my next visit to target, grab the cart then pass it on. The cycle goes on. Keep yer digits outta yer nose and you will be fine....JR
                My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

I'm a fellow litterbug. It's not my job to walk around looking for a better place to throw bathroom trash.

Comment

J: notice how your finger just fits the nose nostril?

reckon it was designed like that or did we REAM OURS TO FIT? Ha..

People that are too clean.. ie: never expose to germs get sick easily cause they have no built in resistance. Not meaning to pick up every germ you come across, but cross sharing with others allows things like colds not to kill you.

I wonder if that is why children eat their buggers? to innoculate themselves?
                    Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Dunno why you'd have a bathroom in a fast food joint, they have toilets in the UK and most people have a bath in the bathroom at home instead.

Allan

Comment

I was in the Rest Room in an Arby's joint in the inter city. As I was on my way into the john this homeless wino was on his way out. When I was finished tapping the dew off the Lilly and washed and dried my hands I grabbed the door handle on the way out and it was slopping wet? I just couldn't imagine a wino washing up after whizzing so I figured it was something I didn't want on my hands! Washed and then used several paper towels to get out!

I find there are basically two kinds of men in this world, those who have to wash before taking a leak and those who have to wash after. Really rare are the before and afters
                        Last edited by Your Old Dog; 03-22-2009, 08:36 AM.
                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

My dad never taught me to wash my hands after. Instead, he taught me not to whiz on my hands to begin with.
                          Bricolage anyone?....one of lifes fun games.

Comment

The sign of a good engineer is someone who has to wash their hands before taking a leak.

Don't matter afterwards because the bacteria living in the suds tanks will cream any crap [ literally ] off your dainty pinkies.

Sign in our local pub toilets, no bath fitted or shower, "Our aim is to keep this toilet clean, Your aim will help "

[Edit}

Rather an oxymoron isn't it moaning about the way bathroom doors open in MickD's then shoveling that crap down your throat ?

Last edited by John Stevenson; 03-22-2009, 08:53 AM.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

This is not at all a funny subject and there is nothing "germophobic" about not wanting to touch a handle on a restroom door! That fellow who just ran in there with the screaming runs will probably pass it on to a few of the people who would laugh at the OP here but I doubt he (the OP) will be one of them. As far as which way the door opens I don't think the fast food place has a choice on that one since most building codes would not allow a door to be opened to the outside of a room except for a building exit. I will not at all poke fun at the poster's question and in fact I respect the guy for having the courage to mention the subject.

Sign over the urinal at a local restaurant "please stand close, it is not as long as you think"!
                              Last edited by radkins; 03-22-2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X