Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike form

After reading/looking at most of the bikes on another post,
    I think we should have a forum for bikes alone?!
    What do you guys think?
    eddie

thanks Lunkenheimer
    Last edited by motorworks; 03-25-2009, 08:50 PM.
    please visit my webpage:
    http://motorworks88.webs.com/

I have no opinion either way but...

Maybe you would get more responses if you could edit the title to 'bike forum' as I think that is what you meant. No offense, just offering a suggestion.

Comment

I ride my Electra "Rat-Rod" to school everyday.
      "the ocean is the ultimate solution"

Comment

I know that I said...

I know that I said that I have no opinion either way. But, considering the viewership here, maybe it would be good to think of it this way-'what kind of modifications have you made to your bikes with your home shop equipment'. This would tie things into the general theme here.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who have some really nice rides, but what is needed is the connection back to the 'home shop machinist' since that is the reason for this board to exist. IIOW, what have you done to your ride with your own lathe/mill/HBM to make it better?

This is my own view... nice bikes are nice, but this is not really a 'nice bike' forum but more of a 'what I did with my iron using my own tools' forum.

Again, this is my own view. I don't run this joint :-)

Comment

What lunkenheimer said. There's gazillions of motorcycle forums and listserves out there (I'm on a bunch and I host a few of them) for people to talk bikes 24/7.

I'm always interested in seeing at HSM what other people have made and hear how they made it (and maybe even why they made it). But I don't see a need for a motorcycle, jetski, snomobile, airplane, truck etc etc forum here.

HSM should focus on what it was created to do: provide a place to discuss home shop machining.

cheers,
          Michael

Comment

2 line oil clamps (my 63 sportster)

3 line oil clamp (big twins)

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...5/t_=163189425

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...5/t_=163189425

Machining is fun!
            www.neufellmachining.com

Comment

I think the recent thread had good response and perfect timing with spring hopefully ahead.......but having all the different sub forums breaks up the group, then you get the gunsmiths and model builders, etc and pretty soon the masses are split up........IMHO No reason why someone can't startup a bike related machining thread whenever the urge strikes.
              Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

You guys need to move to Florida, you can ride year long!

Comment

Originally posted by hardtail
                  I think the recent thread had good response and perfect timing with spring hopefully ahead.......but having all the different sub forums breaks up the group, then you get the gunsmiths and model builders, etc and pretty soon the masses are split up........IMHO No reason why someone can't startup a bike related machining thread whenever the urge strikes.
                  I agree, there's lots of bike forums on the net already this is a machine forum. I just had an itch to get out riding.

Comment

Looking at the countryside and weather outlook that may not get scratched anytime soon........LOL
                    Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
                      I know there are many, many forums out there, but
                      I was thinking along the lines of a place to post pics of your bike and the parts you made for it in your shop. Keeping it geared toward machining.
                      Yes there are alot of others sites, but most have the "live to ride"
                      theme running through it and that gets boring
                      please visit my webpage:
                      http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

7th or every year?

Originally posted by ClintonH
                        I agree, there's lots of bike forums on the net already this is a machine forum. I just had an itch to get out riding.
                        Is that the annual or seven-year itch?
                        http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...G=Search&meta=

Don't scratch it!!

Comment

Or a seven year anal itch??
                          You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by motorworks
                            Thanks for the replies.
                            I know there are many, many forums out there, but
                            I was thinking along the lines of a place to post pics of your bike and the parts you made for it in your shop. Keeping it geared toward machining.
                            Yes there are alot of others sites, but most have the "live to ride"
                            theme running through it and that gets boring
                            Post'em here. We all want to look and nothing is more tedious to me then a website with 50 categories to have to wade through. I have "some" interest in most all topics but not enough to read the model engine forum, and then go to the bike axel forum and then the firearm forum and on and on
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Scratching it

Originally posted by Circlip
                              Or a seven year anal itch??
                              Circlip - you are a worry.

But if I recall correctly, you were an RN submariner as well - "Submarine bunk" (never cold) syndrome??

I sure am glad I could not transfer from RAN General Service to Submarines as I was already a Chief OA and they just wanted OA's from which they would promote/select their own COA's - unless I went back to OA - wasn't going to do that. That was for the then new RAN (being built and commissioned in UK) "O" boats ("Oberon", "Orion", "Ottama" etc.) - nice boats - much better than the RN "A"s and "T"s that were sent here for us to try and catch. RN Commanders were the world's best - the Yanks just did not, could not and would not believe what those RN Commanders did (to them - and us!!) with those RN Submarines.

I hope your "itch" was cured after getting a shower when you got back to base.

But those Submariners were itching for something that you don't scratch at the time - but maybe afterward!!! "Crabs"??!! - or worse??

Comment

Working...
                              X