what is this used for ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this used for ?

without posting a picture i will try to describe and maybe someone will be in the know. . .

its called a GLENCO floating holder. mfg. by j.c.glenzer in detroit. it sez 613-s on the top of the input shaft that would go into a mill or something and its input shaft is 1" diameter with a flat spot on the side of it.

the output is about 3/16", using a split collet with a setscrew to hold the 3/16" thing (whatever would be put into the collet). there is a rod in it now thats just there, loose.

hummmm ! enuf information without trying to take a pix of the dang thing ?
    it came with my craftsman / atlas but im certain its not part of it.

davidh (the old guy)

Just from hat discription it could be anything, but I'm going to guess a floating drill holder that uses collets instead of bushings. Something for a turret lathe or screw machine. certainly something you can use if it fits your machine.
    Are there two small bolts opposite each other on kind of an oval flange?

Comment

no opposing bolts. it does have a large collar that has three woodruff key looking cuts for use with a spanner, just below the input shaft. . . and it opens up for some reason. i have not opened it but just a bit and see a bunch of small parts in it. . . . hate to have them all go "boing " and loose them. maybe a pix would be better. i will try. . . . .

Comment

It sounds like a Glenco floating holder to me. They are used in turret lathes and such to hold reamers, taps & such. A slight amount of float compensates for misalignment.

here is one variation of it;
        http://www.tools-n-gizmos.com/specs/...let_Chuck.html
        Jim H.

Comment

Working...
        X