new power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new power supply

Thinking about uprating the transformer on my sieg X3 conversion, it's running out of steam at high revs.

Will this one do ?

Should just be able to squeeze it in.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Looks good, you'll be done in a flash!!

Comment

and possibly a bang....

handily theres an emergency number easily to hand

Did you get any floor with that?

Dave

Comment

Hmm. I'd be lookin for something with more amps.
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Going for 1500ipm rapids?

Comment

Out of interest what is the output of one of these in amps ?
            That copper block on the top is the actual winding.
            Its 1" x 1-1/2" solid copper and it has two 'turns' inside the box around a laminated core with the primary windings filing the bottom.

Two people can 'just' lift one between them, so say around 300 - 350 #

Knowing to company it's come from I'd say it's off something to do with welding pipe seams

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

5700 Amps it says on the name plate looks like 50% duty cycle with 5 liters per minute water cooling.

Its a spot welding transformer.

Comment

Not obvious from pic one but one of the terminals is snapped off on this transformer that's why it's in.
                The break isn't clean and it then requires a new terminal.
                Again from pic 1 this brute is nearly 24" high and won't go on any of the mills and get a tool onto the top face,
                so think outside the box and rotate everything thru 90 degrees.

So layed on the bed, horizontal attachment fitted with extended 1/2" cutter to clean the broken face up and then tap for two M12 brass studs to hold a new terminal block down.

It was a panic job as the plant had come to a stop and in the rush forgot to take a pic of the finished job, this must be about #5 or#6 that has been done this way.

Apparently they are supported from a travelling crane and they keep bumping them into things at the local pipe works.

Comment

John
                  Those 90' attachments come in very handy...
                  I use it alot with shoe mould work.
                  I will take some pics next time...I am getting better with the cam??
                  great job
                  eddie
                  please visit my webpage:
                  http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

Yes pictures are nice but I keep forgetting even though I take the camera into the shop every day because of the development work for the Chinese if I get an hour to do some.

This job was typical, I'd actually unbolted it and put the cutter away before realising it would make a good subject, hence no clamps and no retaining bolt for the collet.

Comment

"camera into the shop every day because of the development work for the Chinese if I get an hour to do some."

Hope you are not part of that internet spy ring
                      please visit my webpage:
                      http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

Not obvious from pic one but one of the terminals is snapped off on this transformer that's why it's in.
                        Clumsy bastards.

I never have liked European wiring practices.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Safety

Its nice to see the use of flotation device to prevent Death

Comment

Looks OK to me the slippers should have the CE mark so that passes all tests

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                              Out of interest what is the output of one of these in amps ?
                              That copper block on the top is the actual winding.
                              Its 1" x 1-1/2" solid copper and it has two 'turns' inside the box around a laminated core with the primary windings filing the bottom.

Two people can 'just' lift one between them, so say around 300 - 350 #

Knowing to company it's come from I'd say it's off something to do with welding pipe seams

5700 Amps at 14V-19V at 50% duty cycle is what it says on the plate. Which fits in with the 100KVA rating.
                              It also needs 5 Litres per minute cooling water.

It would make a wonderful car battery charger
                              Last edited by derekm; 04-10-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X