Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT, Bad health

Hi All,

Sorry to have to let you know but I have not been feeling up to par lately and have made several trips to the Doc and the local ER room.
    Today we went to see the oncologist and came out with some bad news. I have hepatocellular carcinoma, liver cancer, stage IV, which does not respond to any known treatments. His prognosis is 8 to 12 months. Of course, we'll get a second opinion, if only to assuage others' concerns. We are reeling between disbelief and profound sorrow.

Once again, I am sorry to tell you all of this news.

Your friend, Jay
    "Just build it and be done"

Sorry to hear this... try to live life to the fullest... take your family on a tropical vacation. Also take heart that the eggheads don't know it all have faith that thing can get better.
    Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

So sorry to hear this Jay. There's no other words I can think of
      Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
      Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
      Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

So very sorry to hear the news.
        I wish you and your love ones the very best.
        God Bless!
        Tom M.

Comment

Have fun, ignore the stress, enjoy the family and things you love.

That being said, I know of a older man who walked to the top of a mountain near Blairsville daily, he made them trips every day, rain shine and otherwise. Someone got onto him about being alone on the mountain. He was gave six months in the beginning. Made it over ten years. I think he outlived the doctor.

What he said was profound for a young man such as I was at the time.. I love this mountain and I can think of no other place better to leave this world from.

My plans are to be cremated, shook out over FORT mountain close by. We watch the sun come up over the mountain daily. Beautiful.
          I have my plans made, but not prepaid. I keep waiting on hitting the lottery.

I have loved raising my first garden.. the shoots growing over a quarter inch in a hour. There will be enough Zuchini to give to the homeless shelters and food kitchen.

God bless you and yours.
          Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

There are no words to suit. I can only say that I'm truly sorry to hear this, and I wish you the best of everything in the time to come, enjoy all that you can. Cancer runs strong in my family, and I fully expect that within the next 10 years or so, I will be just where you are now . Good luck!
            Russ
            Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

Originally posted by David E Cofer

My plans are to be cremated, shook out over FORT mountain close by. We watch the sun come up over the mountain daily. Beautiful.
              I have my plans made, but not prepaid. I keep waiting on hitting the lottery.
              Ower Gert is going to have me cremated and then the ashes put into an egg timer so I can keep on working

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Jay so sorry to hear that. Dont know what else to say.
                in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

You have my deepest sympathy, no real words to express. Enjoy the things you like/want. Do not give up.

Bob

Comment

Jay,
                    I am profoundly sorry to hear your news, At this worrying time, you will be in my prayers Your wife & family also will be in my thoughts at this most distressing & worrying period, Please keep your spirits up, both for yourself and them, I think i can speak for the rest of the forum in saying we are all with you & we hope to hear of a better news posting in the near future

Again kindest thoughts

Dan.

Comment

Jay,

Whatever you do don't give up - keep fighting no matter what the doctors say! You are in my prayers.

What projects are you working on now or have just finished? Include some pictures please!

Thanks...

Mike

Last edited by Mike Burdick; 04-10-2009, 07:55 PM.

Comment

To you all,

I am far from giving up, as I have to much to do yet. It has been quite a shock to me also. I have wood work to finish for my wife and family and if you don't mind I would like to post some pictures of that. I have not been in the shop much since I have been working in the house since I got my shop remodel done. I need to re-organize the machine shop and get my lineshaft going. I just couldn't leave without seeing it in operation. My spirits are high as I do not have any fears, life or death. Thank you all for the support, I know this is not a comfortable topic and I appreciate your thoughts.

Jay
                        "Just build it and be done"

Comment

:-(

Family mojo to you and yours

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Go do what you want, enjoy life and family, have fun and by all means enjoy the now. That is what is important.

rock~
                            Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by tiptop
                              To you all,

I am far from giving up, as I have to much to do yet. It has been quite a shock to me also. I have wood work to finish for my wife and family and if you don't mind I would like to post some pictures of that. I have not been in the shop much since I have been working in the house since I got my shop remodel done. I need to re-organize the machine shop and get my lineshaft going. I just couldn't leave without seeing it in operation. My spirits are high as I do not have any fears, life or death. Thank you all for the support, I know this is not a comfortable topic and I appreciate your thoughts.

Jay
                              Jay I don't think anyone would mind seeing your woodworking projects... so post away. We all like pic's of projects.
                              Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X