Sharpening horizontal mill bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpening horizontal mill bits

I am looking for some help and hope sombody has the solution. I have a horizontal milling machine and I need some of the cutters sharpened. The problem is I can not find any one to do this. anyone know of a good (or even not so good at this point) shop that can sharpen these bits.

Sorry I will try to find out how to add the part of planet location to my profile. I am from eastern Pennsylvania.
    Last edited by LtEngine10; 04-15-2009, 04:21 PM.

Yep, we have a place on Tong Street in Bradford West Yorkshire, Expensive but good.

Regards Ian.
    You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Some of your fellow HSMs have grinders and may be able to as well.

Comment

it would help to know what corner of the planet you;re in - most guys put an approximate location in the profile and we like having a sense of where people are from.

Comment

It would help if we knew where you are located.

Circlip, I just now noticed your claim that Yorkshire is the centre of the known universe, yet I know a lot of folks who claim that Dallas, Texas is the center of the known universe. Could it be that the universe is elliptical, and has two centers?

Comment

Yes, it helps to know where you are. The center of the known universe is where you are at a given time. Peter
            The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

But our locations are the original places, NEW York, NEW England NEW Jersey, QED????

Regards Ian.
              You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Anyone that thinks Dallas is the center of the universe hasn't spent enough time there!
                James Kilroy

Comment

The center of the known universe follows my cat everywhere. He believes he is the center of all alternative universes, too.

Here's a place in the center of the known south that does sharpening:

http://atss.us/index.html

Comment

Engine 10 isn't Funkstown is it?

Comment

"Circlip, I just now noticed your claim that Yorkshire is the centre of the known universe, yet I know a lot of folks who claim that Dallas, Texas is the center of the known universe. Could it be that the universe is elliptical, and has two centers?"

John,that`s because a lot of people who live in Dallas think that is the universe.
                      Unfortunately.

Comment

Dallas is a little too close to Jokelahoma for my tastes...

Comment

your all wrong my daughter is the center of the known and unknown universe. just ask her. remember to call her queen Julene though when asking.

Comment

and to repeat. . . . put your dang location down in your profile, all o' ya ! no one is gonna come and haunt you. . . . . or steal your stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Circlip
                              Yep, we have a place on Tong Street in Bradford West Yorkshire, Expensive but good.

Regards Ian.
                              Sounds like you are not far from me in Silsden.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                              X