Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Monarch may run yet

Hello all,
    Well I finally saved up enough and got a VFD and a tool post ordered for my Monarch 16C today. So hopefully by next week or so depending on my energy level I will have it running and post some pics of chips.

Cheers, Jay
    "Just build it and be done"

WOW! Jay that's cool, I think I want to see that lathe run almost as bad as you do.
    I was talking to my daughter today, telling her that we was going to try and get your line shaft up and running and she is mailing me a PLS Laser PLS3 Self Leveling Laser Tool which should help us line up all those pesky pulleys and shafts.
    Mel

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
    Oregon Coast

Comment

Mel,
      I am starting to enlist help. I haven't gone formal yet as I don't have a time frame, but figured we could do an Amish style lineshaft raising party and have some fun.
      Jay

Comment

Whats the drive unit on the lineshaft? If I were closer I'd be glad to throw a shoulder under for an afternoon........smile

Can't wait to see the Monarch in action...........drool........LOL
        Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

When I got most of the shafting it was being powered by about a 1930's or so 3 hp single ph. motor. It seemed to do pretty good running the shop it was in. Course if a guy had the time and inkling some kind of a throttled hit and miss would be pretty neat. I have some checking to do on the Monarch before I get to excited but its good to know that it won't be long now. Thanks for the help on my TP decision, it aught to work fine.
          Jay

Comment

Working...
          X