GRIPE AT MY BRIT friends..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRIPE AT MY BRIT friends..

So, how long were you Brits going to keep these all to yourself?? I got a lady friend with a traveling food trailer I just emailed the reciepe to.. she sells things on sticks to people who walk around eating them...

John S: got me started on Newcastle beer.. My doggie Butchie loved it more than me. He'd climb your leg and take it away from you.. I still chuckle to remember him running about with the box on his head like a retarded child..

So.. perhaps that was the motive on not sharing? A pitt bulldog with egg-gas?? Ya'll bred these dogs for Sport and we called them American Pitt.. ha.. relabeled??

Scotch eggs.. for you other americano's..
    Excuse me, I farted.

A hard boiled egg surrounded by pork sausage meat, then deep fried....

A heart attack in the making. Worse than an egg mcmuffin. I've known about them for decades, made a few, ate more, I just don't think they're really good food.

Now, an egg scrambled with onion between a slice of ham and a slice of processed cheese in a toast sandwich... That's good eatin'. quick too. My 10 year old'll whip you a couple up if'n you drop by...
    Design to 0.0001", measure to 1/32", cut with an axe, grind to fit

Comment

Gripe at the Brits

But David, Newcastle Broon Ale is NOT brewed in Newcastle. It's brewed in Edin-bugger( sorry Edinburgh)

Scotch eggs are not Scotch. Whatever gave you that daft idea?

Me??? well, Monday night I have 15 courses or more to devour. Local lads- Chinese- to be sure. None of this local muck and none of these deep fried Mars Bars. I do confess to deep fried and battered Haggis and chips but not deep fried Camembert cheese. We are collecting for the local hospital. I'm one of the members of the--- oh, David, I am, Health Authority- and it is for the - more confessions - cardio vascular unit.

And more confessions- I live- honestly- I live in the grounds of the local mental hospital which has a separate wing for alcoholics on the Newcastle Broon.

And no-- I have mates in the doggy world( shhhhhhh- freemasons in Sirius - the dog star-Lodge-- and they don't take dogs who have been fed on Newcastle Brown Ale!

It's a funny old world. I suppose it is better than the Scots making Bambi Burgers which they do.

Cheers

Norm

Comment

Scotch eggs are great - I love them as a snack
        Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
        Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
        Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Originally posted by camdigger
          A heart attack in the making. Worse than an egg mcmuffin. I've known about them for decades, made a few, ate more, I just don't think they're really good food.
          i remember a friend telling about a chip truck, maybe in Scotland, that would take a small pizza, dump a load of chips in the middle, some gravy then fold it over and deep fry the whole thing......that has any American fast food beat cold, talk about heart attack on a plate

Comment

"It's a funny old world. I suppose it is better than the Scots making Bambi Burgers which they do. "

Heck, their delicious....last count I had 21 in my side field
            staring at me when I drive by. (they only run about 200'
            then stop and stare some more)

Never tried deep frying 'em though.

Corn oil, or genuine lard ?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter.
              Scotch eggs are great - I love them as a snack
              Yep, here too, luv 'em.

That and pork pies, both great snack food in fact one of each will do nicely thanks.

Not so keen on the newky brown though, i prefer real ale.

Dave
              If it does'nt fit, hit it.
              https://ddmetalproducts.co.uk
              http://www.davekearley.co.uk

Comment

Digger: You roll that rascal over after you get his clothes off and the gutbag out.. (I hate that last part)

Get the "backstrap" next to the backbone in front of the hips kinda a piece of meat about a foot long or so and about the size of your wrist to forearm.. called a Tenderloin.. When you fry that up in a lil Hogfat you can take a fork and cut it up without a knife, cut it crossways of the grain or you'll make me cuss.. I've gave it out on my buttermilk scratch bisquits, Makes many a hunter in the woods ask for you to move in and his wife leave. Cooked over a wood fire adds to the taste.

Funny, get a billy goat undressed, it looks just like a deer.. but no tenderloin.. I was dissapointed pretty bad.. Them are some nasty animals too. Stink.. A beef-goat is one step up, but still not a clean "happy and healthy WILD" deer..

Heart attack? I am probably thirty years overdue.. but.. I am relaxed and having fun still..

Norm: glad to hear from you old bud.. I was poking at Alistair too..

TO make the eggs here a bit ago.. well.. I don't listen to no cooking show.. I made up a flour buttermilk batter, some cornmeal, a egg, and enough Tony Catchery's creole seasoning to make it spicy.. Rolled the eggs in the sausage real thin like.. dipped them in the batter and dropped them in the hot veggie oil..

I almost got sexually excited cutting and eating the first. THE dog whimpered after I gave him a bite. He wanted the rest..
                Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

"Digger: You roll that rascal over after you get his clothes off and the gutbag out.. (I hate that last part)"

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...just a minute here.

I can't do the "deecey dicey, sleecey slicey" thing.

I'm not a bambi lover, just queasy, very queasy.

I let other people hunt my place, they deliver
                  good stuff ground and wrapped in paper...

it's just that I've got to get these guy's some corrective lense's,
                  or start having to build better tree stands for them....

They aren't controlling the population the way they should.

Comment

Originally posted by David E Cofer

So, how long were you Brits going to keep these all to yourself?? I got a lady friend with a traveling food trailer I just emailed the reciepe to.. she sells things on sticks to people who walk around eating them...

John S: got me started on Newcastle beer.. My doggie Butchie loved it more than me. He'd climb your leg and take it away from you.. I still chuckle to remember him running about with the box on his head like a retarded child..

So.. perhaps that was the motive on not sharing? A pitt bulldog with egg-gas?? Ya'll bred these dogs for Sport and we called them American Pitt.. ha.. relabeled??

Scotch eggs.. for you other americano's..
                    One of my two favorite Brit foods. The other is Bubble and Squeak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_and_squeak
                    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

On top of the topic they also get people on their version of American Idol (which is what AI is based on IIRC) who actually can sing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luRmM1J1sfg
                      Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Don't underestimate the British Doris.

A Doris the the colloquial term for any lady over 35, 160 pounds and usually with a figure of 38 - 38 - 42 and looks like a cross between a bag of metric spanners and a Scammell front bumper.

Unlike on most US TV shows where every female is portrayed by some young film star type in the UK the person most likely to be doing this job is Doris.

They are dependable, mostly tame, trustworthy and the salt of the earth.

Last job I had at the piano factory I finished up on management, running 5 shops with about 12 guys and 32 Doris's.
                        This was on top of maintenance on the 5 shop with three or four fitters.

The previous manager used to lock himself in his office and dole out jobs as needed and shuffle paper all day. He would get the months production figures and sort out what was needed and then organise the work force giving the jobs out piecemeal.

When I took over I knew I didn't have time for all this so just took the months productions figures, stuck it on the office door and let then sort it out for themselves.

To save trying to remember 32 different names they all got called Doris.

Worked brilliantly, they would look at what was needed and spend a day on one machine, then a day on another and if one broke down they just moved machines until it could be mended.
                        End of the month the quotas were always met and they would be working on stock knowing that certain parts were always needed.

Most are retired now and in any case the firm was sold on so it no longer exist but I still see them around the local town, they always tell Ower Gert that John was the best manager we ever had, rubbish they managed themselves and did a brilliant job of it as well.

Funniest was leaning out of the office and shouting DORIS and 10 women came running. The laugh was we never had a real Doris............

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Gripe water

'Just a wee Deoch and Doris?' I hadn't realised that you were old enough to write Sir Harry Lauder's songs.

Alistair- perhaps but not you.

A piano accompaniment as well???

Norm

Comment

And more confessions- I live- honestly- I live in the grounds of the local mental hospital which has a separate wing for alcoholics on the Newcastle Broon.

When my wife taught for a year at Oxford in the eighties she 'disovered' Newcastle. Her landlord said there was a special ward in London Hospital for folks what drunk Newcastle.

'Just a wee Deoch and Doris?'

My late stepfather would sing that song , "Glasgow Belongs to Me",when he was drunk. He had a beautiful bass singing voice.

Comment

I can't understand why more engineering types don't drink it.
                              Tastes good and when you go into a pub they just top the bottle and give it to you, you never get a glass but drink it straight oot the bottle - less washing up and when you do surface in the morning and find a half full bottle behind the setee / bed / lathe [ delete as required ] you can still drink it as it doesn't need a head to taste OK

Engineered to perfection.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
                              X