This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Time for Tea?

Any US posters attend a Tea party today?

I missed it here,but about 1,300 showed up in our town of 20,000.

Rep,Dems,Indys even a few Commies showed up.Prolly won't make the news though since they didn't burn anything down,vandalise or loot any businesses and no one got arrested like at "Peace" protests
    I just need one more tool,just one!

I thought about it but I was to busy to go.
    It's only ink and paper

Comment

Well I'm still working on the damn things... (yeah I know but I hate this paper work) but I'm there in sprit. But in the end we'll still get it in the end. It's not in their interest to let us keep our money.
      Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Wear a tea bag on your lapel. It's the best I can do.

Comment

Well, I beg to differ, but I don't think the tax proposal is really in our best interest. It's another version of the rich want more and try to persuade the rest of us that they're thinking of us. The consumption tax just means those with enormous incomes will spend a smaller percentage of that and pay a smaller tax as a percentage of income. The rest of us who consume most of our income on food, gas, electricity, housing etc, will be taxed on all of what we earn and spend. How is that to my advantage?
          "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Reduce taxes across the board and go to a flat tax. Enough of the scams.
            People at work thought obama's tax cuts were great until I showed them there weren't any. I was just a withholding adjustment and that next year their $45 a month "stimulus" would be taxed as income.
            You can't tax and spend your way into prosperity just like you can't reason with despots and dictators.
            Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Tea?

Us Canadians only drink BEER

Comment

TGTool. Rich people create jobs. The government can't create a job unless it takes money from someone what has one. I'd rather let everyone keep more of their money. The less money in government hands, the better.

Comment

I don't mind paying taxes. I like our military and our police forces. However, I feel that our government wastes and fritters away far too much of my hard-earned money to ever consider seriously the idea that they should have more.

Comment

Have fun tea baggin each other lol

Comment

Originally posted by mochinist
                      Boy golly,you must be an expert tea bagger to come up with that reply LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by mochinist

They ran out of room, Mr. "mochinist".

Comment

I walked over to Boston Common yesterday for my lunch break and there was a modest but respectable crowd considering it was not your usual bussed-in, professionally-organized audience.

Consumption taxes look nice on paper but they are a bitch to implement. You need to have all sorts of credits to fix their regressiveness and there is a large incentive to cheat as the rates go up. A flat tax on income is almost as good in economic incentive terms and a lot easier for everyone to manage.

Comment

Originally posted by sansbury
                            I walked over to Boston Common yesterday for my lunch break and there was a modest but respectable crowd considering it was not your usual bussed-in, professionally-organized audience.

Consumption taxes look nice on paper but they are a bitch to implement. You need to have all sorts of credits to fix their regressiveness and there is a large incentive to cheat as the rates go up. A flat tax on income is almost as good in economic incentive terms and a lot easier for everyone to manage.
                            Consumption tax would take longer to implement,but would workout better in the long run since it's easy to police(it's already done by nearly every state and county already) and there is no longer any reason to hide money.So all that drug money and off shore accounts are suddenly not needed because no one cares where the money is coming from.

A flat tax would be a very good start,it's no mistake that China has fixed theirs at 15%.

Comment

There is no way that I am going to go and hang out with a bunch of middle aged white guys who are talking about teabagging and guns and nazis. This is just too weird for me...

Comment

Working...
                              X